Cruise control

thumb_up.gif

BUSA159...Did you use the Busa's VSS wire as well as tach on the Audiovox or are you just using the tach wire.

I got my Cruise Control in the mail today and I am not sure whether I need to find the VSS wire or not.

Jim

I used the tach, came off one of the coil wires. I knew it would work from the coil wire, so I took the proven route.
VSS may be better, I did not have any information to confirm a VSS hook up. There is one drawback to using the tach, Speed memory during resume is based on rpm. If you set the cruise in one gear and engage resume later in a higher gear like 6th the cruise will match the rpm previously set in the lower gear. Your speed will be way higher than you wanted. VSS would prevent this little snag........
I usually set the cruise in 6th or instead of resume, I use the set button again, it's not a problem.
One day I will probably redo with VSS. It works great now and I don't want to mess with it.

I have the repair manual in pdf but cannot read the wire colors on the schematic so I was hoping you new the right color for the VSS wire.

Does anyone else know the color of the VSS wire?

Jim

I solved the problem on my 05 with a hotbodies undertail. Sine the search seems to be having a problem, I can't find the post. You need to install a resistor between the positive terminal and ground. If I remember correctly, the resistor needs to be less than 7.5 ohm and the highest wattage you can find. It will get warm, so mount it in a place that gets some airflow.
HERE is the original install thread.
HERE is a thread that you started about it.

Another reason why I did not use VSS. Tapping into the VSS MAY adversely affect the pulse signal to the ECM and speedometer. I would try to find someone who has used VSS for the cruise hook up and make sure they did not have problems.
I may try hooking it up to VSS one of these days. Right now it works great and I don't want to mess up a good thing.

Back