Anybody Had A Trouble Free Experience Buying/installing Cruise Control

I installed the electronic Rostra unit also, with the indicator control panel which lets you know the unit has been set and activated. It is time consuming making sure you have the wires properly identified before splicing into harness. I also soldered all connections so I would not get intermittent gremlins. I have LED's and I installed a brake light modulator. I had to replace the first modulator with one that had a ground wire. The ungrounded modulator turned my cruise on (not activated, but turned on) every time I applied the brakes.

Works like a charm without fail. Had it on the bike for 3 years.

I had the same problem except it was the solenoids for the HID projectors. Every time I turned my high beams off it powered on my cruise control, drove me nuts for about 6 months. I finally put a 5 post relay on it and that fixed the problem.

I installed the electronic Rostra unit also, with the indicator control panel which lets you know the unit has been set and activated. It is time consuming making sure you have the wires properly identified before splicing into harness. I also soldered all connections so I would not get intermittent gremlins. I have LED's and I installed a brake light modulator. I had to replace the first modulator with one that had a ground wire. The ungrounded modulator turned my cruise on (not activated, but turned on) every time I applied the brakes.

Works like a charm without fail. Had it on the bike for 3 years.
That is one thing my control unit does not have; a indicator showing the CC is set, kinda wish it did. There have been a couple of times I manually sped up for whatever reason and then when I slowed down by releasing the throttle the CC was still active and started controlling the speed. I'd forgotten it was engaged; never an O shite moment though!

That is one thing my control unit does not have; a indicator showing the CC is set, kinda wish it did. There have been a couple of times I manually sped up for whatever reason and then when I slowed down by releasing the throttle the CC was still active and started controlling the speed. I'd forgotten it was engaged; never an O shite moment though!

If you didn't cut the pink wire off the unit you could still hook it up with the engaged light. You will just have to drill a small hole in the plastic to see it. The only difference between the two control units is the cover.

If you still have the install manual it shows how to wire a relay to activate the light.

If you didn't cut the pink wire off the unit you could still hook it up with the engaged light. You will just have to drill a small hole in the plastic to see it. The only difference between the two control units is the cover.

If you still have the install manual it shows how to wire a relay to activate the light.
Wow, thanks! is the pink wire at the servo unit or at the control panel?

Control panel. If memory serves me correctly you need the orange wire as well. If you don't have the original manual let me know and I will get you the info you need.

You just have to wire everything up like you have the other control panel and expose the light.

You just have to wire everything up like you have the other control panel and expose the light.

I actually think they may be different after all. My control unit does not have a pink or orange wire, the Rostra unit's control panel does, however. It does seem like they are interchangeable with both systems, however!

Rostra:
3A35B01E-8856-47AC-A7EA-584BEAEC101A_zpsjaw5lxdt.jpg

Audiovox (mine):
CF468C4F-6BA6-4190-9938-66B28750966E_zpsdkl7uvgr.jpg

Both:
E7595A9E-566E-40D0-93D3-B0F6479477CA_zpsyjevxpyr.jpg

My bad bro. I thought you had the Rostra with only one light. Rostra makes two different control panels one with an engaged light and one without. There is no difference other than the one without does not have a hole in the cover so you can see the light.

I do belive your correct that they are enter changeable if you wanted to go through the trouble of changing them out. If you did that though you had might as well and pay the extra five dollars and get the one you want.

I have the vacuum Audiovox unit on my 08, transferred from my 07 when it was totaled. I used Pipefighter248's write up for the 07, and Sous's for the 08. It is probably my favorite mod, and very useful! I still have my ThrottleMeister too, the bike will drop about 3 -4 mph before the Audiovox kicks in after pressing the SET button, the TM helps hold the speed until I feel the Avox take over! I then slowly return the TM to the OFF position. Both serve as a backup to each other!
That was one win for the electric version... If you have it tuned it when you hit the Go button it stays right there with no change...

That was one win for the electric version... If you have it tuned it when you hit the Go button it stays right there with no change...

Cap, I have the electric version and have the same problem. What should I have my pulse rate set at, or should I look at another seting?

Cap, I have the electric version and have the same problem. What should I have my pulse rate set at, or should I look at another seting?

With the electric make sure you have the pulse wire to the coil AND the VSS wire connected.

Sensitivity- mid
Pulses/Mile- 19300
Engine- 4 cylinder/low
VSS source- square wave input
Transmission- manual
Control Switch- open circuit

If 1 is on and 0 is off, it reads. 011011100100

Here is what we put on the last few that we installed....

You will need to test it and adjust the dip switch settings. There are 12 settings, and mine are as follows 1-12, O equals off, 1 equals on: 000011100100

Back