BrakeAway Cruise Control on GenII

Vasse3

Registered
Bought the BrakeAway Cruise Control.
The only mechanical cruise with brake release.
My first impression: Great deal. Just love it. Something I should bought for a long time ago.

The model is the one that fits Suzuki Burgman, Bandit etc.

The videos below is from testing it in my friends garage, just after installation and the second one, first test on the road.

I'm sorry for the language heard in the videos.

- Cruise Control[/url]

- Cruise Control 2[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I had one of these on my Bandit and it is a really awesome accessory. It is easy to set and releases itself almost automatically when you pull the clutch. Nice videos.:agree:

How many other Busa owners installed these yet?

I 've been actively searching for Cruise Control/ Throttle Lock for my K9 and was leaning towards TM since I had one on a previous bike but this BrakeAway unit seems superior with the same ease to install but with the quicker way to manually set and realease plus it's safer automatic way it releases when brakes are applied.

From what is out there this unit seems to cover all the bases. I am leaning on buying one soon but wanted more reviews before I do...................... :bowdown:

BrakeAway Products Inc., Hillsboro, Oregon USA (503) 372-9346

I just called BrakeAway and asked them why their product was not listed for Hayabusa's yet? Their tech. guy said for most sport bikes the unit might hit the gas tank.

If you have HeliBars or a handlebar Risers that would not be an issue then, plus they have not had a Hayabusa yet to see if the stock set-up is an issue for the gas tanks.

At this time they have not had a Haybusa to fit it on to test. IF anyone lives near Hillsboro, Oregon you should call them and probably get a free unit for the time to fit your bike.

Note- With that in mind their site also states if you have heated grips on any bike or model their system will not work.

Sweet! I was looking for a cruise control and think I've found what I've been looking for. I had the TM on my Gen I and didn't care for it. This looks like it's a better product (at least for my desires).:thumbsup:

Posted up a thread many moons ago about mounting one on a gen 1.
Used one from a Honda VTX, but I do have bar risers.

also very interested. meanwhile, this low tech option will have to do it for me

cb4small.jpg

Last edited:
Back