Cruise control

Thottlemiesters
thumb_up.gif

Never mind, finished it today. Cruise with resume, coast and decel. Doesn't seem right on a Busa but it sure is nice. Don"t have to watch speedo so close now, set it and not worry when smokey bear pops over a hill.

Never mind, finished it today. Cruise with resume, coast and decel. Doesn't seem right on a Busa but it sure is nice. Don"t have to watch speedo so close now, set it and not worry when smokey bear pops over a hill.
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Smokey Bear.....[/quote]

you watch Smokey and the bandit tonight or what?

used the audiovox system, vacuum version. Major job and will test your patience, Mounted the actuator under the right rear turn signal pod and the vacuum canister under the right pod. There is a brake light shut off issue with the 08 due to the LED brake light. I have a work around to try tomorrow.

Its not a wiring diagram problem, LED stop lights will not allow the cruise to function, the cruise has to "see a conventional bulb" or the system will not set.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Smokey Bear.....[/quote]

you watch Smokey and the bandit tonight or what?[/quote]
your dog is ugly - if that is a dog

Led stop light problem explained

Brake Disable Feature:

In order for the CCS-100 Cruise Control to function, the Servo must be grounded through the purple wire (which is connected to the brake light circuit). When brakes are applied, the bulb lights and the ground is broken. The cruise is therefore canceled. If LED's or certain brake modulators are used, the Servo will not function because it is not grounded properly. Resistors or relays can be used to get around this problem. If regular OEM brake lights are used, instructions for resistors and relays can be ignored.

you need the 5 terminal relay (the 4 wire will not work), wire it for normally open and pipe your brake light juice to the thing to close the circuit to ground. I used the full electronic setup and I am with you, not having to deal with the 20 mph surge of the throttlemeister is really a relief.

I can shoot a pic of the relay you need and the wiring setup if you need.

Its not a wiring diagram problem, LED stop lights will not allow the cruise to function, the cruise has to "see a conventional bulb" or the system will not set.
I think you should be able to wire a bulb in parallel with the led. Something small like a 194.

I solved the problem on my 05 with a hotbodies undertail. Sine the search seems to be having a problem, I can't find the post. You need to install a resistor between the positive terminal and ground. If I remember correctly, the resistor needs to be less than 7.5 ohm and the highest wattage you can find. It will get warm, so mount it in a place that gets some airflow.

I used a relay to achieve the goal, so far it works. Holding the speed constant is a big plus. i wish the Suzuki guys would make one, it would be the size of a zippo if they did.
bowdown.gif

I went a different route....

Have never liked the Throttlemeisters, and an actual CC seems a tiny bit sacrilegious on a hyper-bike....
laugh.gif

So, I spend a whopping $19, and went with the tried-n-true Vista-Cruise.

Installed.jpg

It wasn't the trivial install it is on many other bikes. Had to modify the throttle sleeve a bit, but the end result worked out pretty nice.
thumb_up.gif

I used a relay to achieve the goal, so far it works. Holding the speed constant is a big plus. i wish the Suzuki guys would make one, it would be the size of a zippo if they did.
bowdown.gif
How about posting up pics of either the install or the final product.

Throttle locks just fall way short... I ran vista cruise for so long that the throttlemeister and I just never got along, I still try to flip the lever with my thumb
smile.gif

On the Busa, the MPH varies so much going up and down hills that you are either 20 under or 20 over the limit and for me it was unacceptable... the Electronic cruise holds within about 2 or 3 mph and is stable... Just no comparison at any price when protecting my CDL from speeding tickets..

It's not an issue if you don't try to employ the Vista Cruise as an actual CC substitute... on long, loooooong runs, I use the throttle lock just to temporarily maintain speed on the straights for 15-30 seconds as I shake out my throttle hand, eliminate any tinglies, etc.

Concur that you wouldn't want to use it continuously, unless you're crossing the Central Plains, or some such.

Back