Cross Hatch Parking ?

I got $100 ticket in my private business parking lot, on the far side of a 4 bay handicapped parking section, where we don't happen to emply ANY handicapped people, and rarely have visitors, where the parking lot had 2 too many handicpped spots for the lot size, and HR had given me explicite permission to park there as long as no one complained. The lot is not visislbe from the passing street. After fours years, a cop happen to go through the parking lot and wrote me up without even a warning.

That's when I learned those yellow stripped zone is for the handicapped vehicle loading... apparently UNLIKE the end of some slant parking lots at malls an whatnot, that just take up the curved space where you can't fit a car.

I won't park on the lines near handicapped anymore. and I try to warn other bikers

I see the issue as the YELLOW STRIPED LINES in handicapped section look just like the worthless yellow stripped lines at the ends of parking lot spaces.

The only and last time I parked anywhere near a handicapped zone was when i was at K-state and parked in front of the conrete slab and the curb on my Kanatuna. I came out as they were ticketing a driver that parked in the spot and told me that I was next If I had not come out. I asked what the fine would have been, and they told me Since I wasnt actually in the zone $100 dollars. but If I would have been in the zone it would have run $500 bucks....
SHOCKED.gif

(Bosshound @ Aug. 20 2007,02:56) Can you Park your Bike in the Cross Hatch Area of a Handicap Parking Spot without Getting a Ticket ?
This is easy, no!

Something else to think about is the ADA stall's only extended 5 feet cross hatch area, after that distance it's not part of the ADA stall.

NO it's illegal !!!and what ticks me off is that they do it here all the time at a local restuarant THE JACKSONVILLE ALE HOUSE. Our group has even talked to a police officer about it and they won't do anything about it because they say its private property, and that unless the owner has a problem with it "he doesn't either " because he doesn't like writing tickets "complete moron if you ask me".. He was probably working for the restaurant as security and didn't want to harrass the lazy,sorry azz people who parked there so that he could make a few extra bucks..... Well most people have morals
guns.gif
rant.gif

(crunch320 @ Aug. 20 2007,20:30) Well this subject kind of hits home with me.I have a loved one with a disability that requires her to use arm crutches and leg braces to walk.She has to have the room in the marked area in order to swing the door completely open so she can lock her braces and get out of her car.I think we sometimes take for granted the fact that we can hop in and out of our cars and trucks squeezed in tight spots without even thinking about it.The thing that really bothers me is that many people today dont have a problem taking advantage of situations like this.I will put a picture up with this post that I took awhile back at my local bike shop,This guy decides he is going to park in the handicapped and it just so happened my loved one came with me that day to check out some 4 wheelers.Well there were only two handicapped spots and the other was being used and this "for a lack of a better more word" Guy made this one useless for someone who is actually handicapped.She had to go park at the buisness across the way in order to get a spot,At this point this 6'5" 290# Georgia boy that is usually very peaceful was wayyy beyond pissed.I being a biker myself and a Busa guy to beat that,was to the point of destroying this nice shiny new machine right there in front of God and everyone while I waited for the owner to come out.I usually dont lose it like I did that day but it was the wrong time and the wrong situation and I was ready to teach this guy a lesson.The only thing that stopped me Was my loved one Jessica who I finally realized was not nearly as upset as me calmed me down to a point of letting it go,even though the anger is still very strong inside me as I type this.I have quite a few cars,trucks,bikes and other machines and I must say my busa is the one I love the most,I hate for it to sit in a parking lot unattended,but that is why I have my scorpio alarm and a good insurance agent.Sorry to vent and get on my little rant but I do feel better now.Nick
I feel you pain Bro. Not only is my wife handicap as well I ride a Busa and work at a local shop and you know what I do when some one does this I walk right out side and move their ride some were else and then when they ask why I am moving their bike I explain to them that there are people that use these spots and they are handicap then I ask them nicely that next time they come to the shop to please not take up these spots and to park in the desginated M/C Parking that we have set aside and I have done this on numerous occasions. So next time this happens to you just move the Bike and explain it to them most are very understanding believe it or not.

(johnnycrash @ Aug. 21 2007,05:05) After personally spending 6 months in a wheelchair and 3 months after that using a walker, di(kheads that park anywhere in the handicapped zone should pay a huge fine.  Can't walk too far to your bike?  Try not being able to walk.  

What's with the handicapped sticker on the busa in the pic above?  Some kind of joke I guess? If I saw that now I'd be tempted to back over that POS with my pickup truck.
It's no joke and it shouldn't be.

There's an old guy in town that used to ride a beat up Hondamatic with a handicap plate. He's crippled and kept his crutches on back.
I now see him riding a scooter with a handicap plate and special rack to hold the crutches. Probably needs the step through design now. I believe it may be his only form of transportation as I see him riding it in the winter too.

Wouldn't be a good feeling backing over it and then seeing him hobbling out of the grocery store with a bag of groceries.

I see plenty of trikes with those plates which is cool. More power to those people who want to keep their dream of riding alive.
I do have to admit I have mixed feelings with seeing a handicap plate on a sport bike.

(rubber2burn @ Aug. 21 2007,17:50)
(crunch320 @ Aug. 20 2007,20:30) Well this subject kind of hits home with me.I have a loved one with a disability that requires her to use arm crutches and leg braces to walk.She has to have the room in the marked area in order to swing the door completely open so she can lock her braces and get out of her car.I think we sometimes take for granted the fact that we can hop in and out of our cars and trucks squeezed in tight spots without even thinking about it.The thing that really bothers me is that many people today dont have a problem taking advantage of situations like this.I will put a picture up with this post that I took awhile back at my local bike shop,This guy decides he is going to park in the handicapped and it just so happened my loved one came with me that day to check out some 4 wheelers.Well there were only two handicapped spots and the other was being used and this "for a lack of a better more word" Guy made this one useless for someone who is actually handicapped.She had to go park at the buisness across the way in order to get a spot,At this point this 6'5" 290# Georgia boy that is usually very peaceful was wayyy beyond pissed.I being a biker myself and a Busa guy to beat that,was to the point of destroying this nice shiny new machine right there in front of God and everyone while I waited for the owner to come out.I usually dont lose it like I did that day but it was the wrong time and the wrong situation and I was ready to teach this guy a lesson.The only thing that stopped me Was my loved one Jessica who I finally realized was not nearly as upset as me calmed me down to a point of letting it go,even though the anger is still very strong inside me as I type this.I have quite a few cars,trucks,bikes and other machines and I must say my busa is the one I love the most,I hate for it to sit in a parking lot unattended,but that is why I have my scorpio alarm and a good insurance agent.Sorry to vent and get on my little rant but I do feel better now.Nick
I feel you pain Bro. Not only is my wife handicap as well I ride a Busa and work at a local shop and you know what I do when some one does this I walk right out side and move their ride some were else and then when they ask why I am moving their bike I explain to them that there are people that use these spots and they are handicap then I ask them nicely that next time they come to the shop to please not take up these spots and to park in the desginated M/C Parking that we have set aside and I have done this on numerous occasions. So next time this happens to you just move the Bike and explain it to them most are very understanding believe it or not.
Actually your way is probably the most civil and I can imagine that most would probably be embarassed enough after having it moved that they would think twice before doing it again.

(johnnycrash @ Aug. 21 2007,08:05)  

What's with the handicapped sticker on the busa in the pic above?  Some kind of joke I guess? If I saw that now I'd be tempted to back over that POS with my pickup truck.
Yeah, I laugh like a hyena every day when I strap on my leg brace.

(Buellbomb @ Aug. 22 2007,06:00)
(johnnycrash @ Aug. 21 2007,08:05)  

Yeah, I laugh like a hyena every day when I strap on my leg brace.
I get to wear this every day for the rest of my life - I've got extensive nerve damage in both legs from a spinal cord injury. I'm sure I could go get a handicapped sticker too - but I have just a tiny hint of pride I guess.

If you can ride a bike at all, and you have a handicapped sticker, then you are truly pathetic in my humble opinion.

afo5.jpg

Back