Ocean City, MD. Questionable Ethics

I stil call BS on BOTH of us getting a ticket...

The only upside ...it was a really nice day to stretch the Busa's out...thanks for the fun ride John! We will do it again this year probably a couple of times..:thumbsup:
Gonna make anote to self to post up an OC Thread maybe we can meet a bunch of orgsters there for a round up..and if we do we will get a place so nobody has to worry about being ticketed..:thumbsup:

I sent this to the Mayor yesterday.

Rick,

Yesterday, I rode my bike with a friend 3 hours to come visit Ocean City. I purchased a parking area and we parked both bikes in the same spot. We shopped there, spent time up and down the Boardwalk, and ate at Shenanigans. We got back to our bikes at 4:00 because the restaurant was busy (sun was out). We found parking tickets affixed to both our bikes issued 13 minutes after our time had expired. I was considering coming back and spending a weekend there with my family. Is this really the image you are trying to portray? I can understand getting a citation for exceeding the time limit excessively but getting 2 tickets for 1 space 13minutes over is ridiculous. Would love to come back and visit but I am not going to if this is not resolved in a fair and decent manner. My Summons number is 536424 and 423. Also, it says I have 48 hours to pay it before it increases $10.00, I called to pay it today and no one answered the phone. Sure seems unjust to me. Please clarify to me that it is not.

Thanks for your time,

John Foster

Will be interesting to see how this rates with Google over the next couple of days.

Sorry but you.re in the wrong, time doesn't expire 10 or 13 min after the meter says expired.

Plus I bet only 1 veh per parking space

Every watch ' parking wars' on tv funny show
Posted via Mobile Device

What do you mean when you say within 10 min of expiration? Do you mean 10 min after expiration? If so - they are right.

If 10 min before expiration - that's racket.

It's been 13 or 14 yrs since I lived out there but is sounds like they got ya. I used to see traffic cops doing nothing but writting tickets on the weekends. You got to watch it.

Awe man, I miss Boardwalk Fries!! Eat some for me, and some Blue crab too! Just don't rub it in on how good it was. :laugh:

LOL you and I are trading stomach cravings and locales -- I'll down those fries for you if you chow some DECENT Mexican food for me! I lived in Bisbee for 5 yrs in the early 90s... oh how I miss good Mexican food. :banghead:

LOL you and I are trading stomach cravings and locales -- I'll down those fries for you if you chow some DECENT Mexican food for me! I lived in Bisbee for 5 yrs in the early 90s... oh how I miss good Mexican food. :banghead:

Nice, I'm 20 mins from Bisbee in Sierra Vista. I eat good Mexican food all the time bro, my wife is a Beaner!

It was after but seriously, does the cop have nothing else better to do than act like a vulture, especially when we are there helping his economy?

How can you complain if you were parked there after your time expired? Especially when you noted that it was tough to find a spot.

Sure blame the guy for doing his job....:whistle:

You broke the law and now have to pay.
Where does it end? Giving folks an extra ten minutes on parking meters will soon lead to chaos and anarchy :laugh:

Is it legal to put two bikes in one spot?

Parking tickets is a form of income. We have those middle of the street parking kiosk here. I saw guy get ticketed whie he was at the machine paying. Also, we can get booted by businesses and home owners here, $50 - $80 cash to get them to take it off. Alot of the parking lots at restaurants belong to another business, so they get people all the time.

How can you complain if you were parked there after your time expired? Especially when you noted that it was tough to find a spot.
I would not complain about 1 ticket, 2 is out of line and it wasn't like we were out laying on the beach either. We were spending money.

yea o.c. is real tough on parking, i have a hard time every year. but thats the law.. sorry bout ur luck

Let's not forget that your taxes goto pay for these roads that you are then taxed to use and or park on. But that's a different topic.

I can see one of ya getting the ticket but both sucks.

I just got my first parking ticket I. Downtown Denver. See my front axle was in front of the meter by 4". I couldn't be any have been back any farther due to the car behind me. There was 10' in front devoted to nothing so I wasn't hindering someone parking in front of me. $25.00 ticket, and let me tell you that axle being 4" inches off was definitely going to cause world war 3 and it's good that they fined me.

If you don't like it, copy your ticket (before you pay it) and send a letter to the Chamber of Commerce, the mayor, and the local tourism board and tell them you're never coming back or spending a dime in their rotten town again. It probably won't help, but that's the kind of thing that always makes me feel better.

+1 same here. It does make u feel better

Rockethed using Tapatalk

the paying in pennies things is kind of funny, but the only thing it's accomplishing is pissing of the poor clerk who has to recieve the payment.

Back