Ocean City, MD. Questionable Ethics

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
Lycan and I visited this place yesterday and after riding around for 20 minutes, we finally found a parking spot. We got a ticket that allowed us to park there for a period of time. Within 10 minutes of the expiration of the time, we were both awarded with parking tickets that unless paid within 48 hours, are $25.00 instead of $15.00. Furthermore, we were both parked in the same parking spot. This is a racket if I have ever seen one. I called the phone number on the ticket today and there was no answer. Maybe someone connected to Ocean City will see this thread and do something about it. What a scam!

Time expired...Pay the fine. 2 bikes with registrations/tags both got pinched.
Sorry, man up. It's SUNDAY, of course nobody answered the phone... They work M-F.:duh:

Time expired...Pay the fine. 2 bikes with registrations/tags both got pinched.
Sorry, man up. It's SUNDAY, of course nobody answered the phone... They work M-F.:duh:
Ticket says they are open 7 days a week.

What do you mean when you say within 10 min of expiration? Do you mean 10 min after expiration? If so - they are right.

If 10 min before expiration - that's racket.

It was after but seriously, does the cop have nothing else better to do than act like a vulture, especially when we are there helping his economy?

Sorry to hear this, racerv. Its bad enough we pay too much in taxes already, then they stick it in yer azz with bs parking tickets. Its all just a big business, nothing less.
Posted via Mobile Device

It was after but seriously, does the cop have nothing else better to do than act like a vulture, especially when we are there helping his economy?

Probably not a cop, but parking enforcement. So no, he has nothing better to do. That's all he's got to do. Sounds like he's doing it well. :poke: At least he's not sitting under a tree really wasting tax payers dollars.:laugh:

If you don't like it, copy your ticket (before you pay it) and send a letter to the Chamber of Commerce, the mayor, and the local tourism board and tell them you're never coming back or spending a dime in their rotten town again. It probably won't help, but that's the kind of thing that always makes me feel better.

You think that is bad... Last year took the family to shedd aquarium in Chicago and a sign said no parking after 3pm. We
got to the car at 2:56 and a tow truck was getting ready to hook us up. We were able to stop him, but the cop that gave us the ticket was not around. The ticket said 3:03, but my phone said 2:56 and the phone auto syncs. I found a cop and told him and he told me to follow instructions on back of the ticket. That was write a letter and get a court date..bla bla bla would have cost me more then the 60 buck ticket....

One spot one ticket! Tho 2 of you were there, you were only keeping one more person from using their services. I'd staple the tickets together and send 1500 pennies to the address.
Paid in full...

Droid Via Tapatalk

Go to Boston :whistle: Every available spot is owned and they sale you a ticket and it's not cheap, stay to long and they kill ya.

They ticket marked patrol cars here, don't feel too bad. Pay it and go on. Don't pay in pennies as suggested.

They ticket marked patrol cars here, don't feel too bad. Pay it and go on. Don't pay in pennies as suggested.

I know what your sayin, it may cause more problems, but if hes not goin back... It is legal tender and they do have to accept it as payment.

Youtube doesnt lie..

Last edited by a moderator:
OC is a tough place. One vehicle for one parking spot. Sorry to hear about your tickets.

I know what your sayin, it may cause more problems, but if hes not goin back... It is legal tender and they do have to accept it as payment.

Youtube doesnt lie..

Most of those towing services are rip off shops. I had a car towed once. They had the car for 8 hours and charged 2 days storage because the car had arrived before midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ocean city is a big summer attraction. If you're not spending money as a tourest they'll get it some other way. Sorry to hear this, you gotta feed the meters.

Back