Cross Hatch Parking ?

Bosshound

Donating Member
Registered
Can you Park your Bike in the Cross Hatch Area of a Handicap Parking Spot without Getting a Ticket ?

Yes, if you don't get caught
SHOCKED.gif

I doubt it, that's there for vans that have a wheel chair elevator. (or whatever it's called) that space is there so thier doors can open ALL the way, and allow that cage to lower them to the ground, or pick'em up.

not around here you can't. I don't even bother trying.

Well this subject kind of hits home with me.I have a loved one with a disability that requires her to use arm crutches and leg braces to walk.She has to have the room in the marked area in order to swing the door completely open so she can lock her braces and get out of her car.I think we sometimes take for granted the fact that we can hop in and out of our cars and trucks squeezed in tight spots without even thinking about it.The thing that really bothers me is that many people today dont have a problem taking advantage of situations like this.I will put a picture up with this post that I took awhile back at my local bike shop,This guy decides he is going to park in the handicapped and it just so happened my loved one came with me that day to check out some 4 wheelers.Well there were only two handicapped spots and the other was being used and this "for a lack of a better more word" Guy made this one useless for someone who is actually handicapped.She had to go park at the buisness across the way in order to get a spot,At this point this 6'5" 290# Georgia boy that is usually very peaceful was wayyy beyond pissed.I being a biker myself and a Busa guy to beat that,was to the point of destroying this nice shiny new machine right there in front of God and everyone while I waited for the owner to come out.I usually dont lose it like I did that day but it was the wrong time and the wrong situation and I was ready to teach this guy a lesson.The only thing that stopped me Was my loved one Jessica who I finally realized was not nearly as upset as me calmed me down to a point of letting it go,even though the anger is still very strong inside me as I type this.I have quite a few cars,trucks,bikes and other machines and I must say my busa is the one I love the most,I hate for it to sit in a parking lot unattended,but that is why I have my scorpio alarm and a good insurance agent.Sorry to vent and get on my little rant but I do feel better now.Nick

102_0221__Medium_.jpg

You should have called the Five-Oh on his azz! Around here, they will respond to someone illegally parking in Handicap spaces...stiff fines, too - that are not easily dismissed!

You could have stood around watching the look on his face as he's written up and slapped with a $250 - $500 fine!

(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,21:51) You should have called the Five-Oh on his azz! Around here, they will respond to someone illegally parking in Handicap spaces...stiff fines, too - that are not easily dismissed!

You could have stood around watching the look on his face as he's written up and slapped with a $250 - $500 fine!
Agreed 100%, FU*%ING moron has no respect for other people.

(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,23:51) You should have called the Five-Oh on his azz! Around here, they will respond to someone illegally parking in Handicap spaces...stiff fines, too - that are not easily dismissed!

Your right,that would have been the smart thing to do,I was just angry at the time.It's just funny because we have a really good group of guys on here,compared to other forums and other sport riders in general,I guess I tend to expect more from Busa riders in general.

$440 here, and the judge won't budge. To many azzclowns around here getting them and not necessarily from doctors, family members pass them around and some folks steal them. By SC law a handicapped person must be driving the vehicle to park in a handicap spot.

The Reason I ask is that right in Front of the Arden Fair mall here in Sacramento I see Bikes Parked all the time in the Areas that Say No Parking with the White Lines painted over them. I seen a Parking Cop drive right by one of those bikes and did not even give it a Second Look
wow.gif

PS: " Crunch 320 I would have Kicked Hiss AS. "
guns.gif

(dadofthree @ Aug. 20 2007,21:08) By SC law a handicapped person must be driving the vehicle to park in a handicap spot.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Whoever passed that law is more concerned with stopping parking fraud than helping the handicapped.

Before my dad died he had lots of trouble walking and ended up getting a handicapped placard. He couldn't drive because of the medications he was taking, but if I was driving him somewhere, he still had to walk from the car to the door of wherever we were going.

(bitabur @ Aug. 21 2007,01:29)
(dadofthree @ Aug. 20 2007,21:08) By SC law a handicapped person must be driving the vehicle to park in a handicap spot.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  Whoever passed that law is more concerned with stopping parking fraud than helping the handicapped.

Before my dad died he had lots of trouble walking and ended up getting a handicapped placard.  He couldn't drive because of the medications he was taking, but if I was driving him somewhere, he still had to walk from the car to the door of wherever we were going.
I think that might be ok. If the handicapped person isn't driving, then stop directly in front of the store and get them out. I can see how that would be a pain to relocate the vehicle if the person requires assistance in getting out. I frequently drop my mom off at the door to a store then park in a non-handicapped spot.

More importantly though, all too often I see someone park in a handicapped spot and one healthy person hops out and goes inside. They don't need to park in that spot if the handicapped person isn't going to get out of the car.

(bitabur @ Aug. 21 2007,01:29)
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.  Whoever passed that law is more concerned with stopping parking fraud than helping the handicapped.

Before my dad died he had lots of trouble walking and ended up getting a handicapped placard.  He couldn't drive because of the medications he was taking, but if I was driving him somewhere, he still had to walk from the car to the door of wherever we were going.
That sounds stupid to me. In Florida the person assigned the place card/tag must be in the vehicle.

After personally spending 6 months in a wheelchair and 3 months after that using a walker, di(kheads that park anywhere in the handicapped zone should pay a huge fine. Can't walk too far to your bike? Try not being able to walk.

What's with the handicapped sticker on the busa in the pic above? Some kind of joke I guess? If I saw that now I'd be tempted to back over that POS with my pickup truck.

Back