Crashed on Wednesday...getting a lot of I told you so's?????

Had a bad one but .. look at last pic .. back at it .. But you never forget ???
Woman crassed two lanes and totaled me and the Busa
Broken Pelvis and 3 breaks in leg
Wayne (06 busa) was in an accident - DaytonaSportbikes Forum

deadbusa2.jpg

leg2.jpg

Jennings%2003-22-2010%20008y.jpg

Last edited:
I laid mine down on Thursday last week, light low side some scratches and mostly hurt my pride. Oh well, I got back on the thing and will keep on riding. It will get harder and harder the longer you wait. Do it early and enjoy it.

Glad your OK, sort of. Don't let other people be your deciding factor, get back to riding.:thumbsup:

Yes, very glad your are able to be here with us and share your thoughts. Do what feels right in your heart. Heal up quick!!

while i had my cast on at work, anybody and everybody i explained to about what happened gave me that "you effing idiot", "your proof mc's are dangerous" look. but even after a month of being off the saddle, am back on. my crash wasnt as bad as some i've seen but for my 1st fall, it was scary, it hurt, but still didnt change my mind about riding. play by the rules, gear up, be alert, and Enjoy!

Glad you are healable. I had my fair share of wonds. From the street to the dirt. I had a street bike one when I was younger that almost cost me my leg. They rebuilt my leg and I have a rod in it now.Its ugly but its mine. I ended up breaking the rod in the same leg. The doc said that the rod took all the pressure instead of my bone. He said if I break it again he would have to amputate it. I had broken collar bones and ribs from moto cross. My latest and probably the worst was in 04 I think. I did the same as you. A lady pulled out in front of me, the bike high sided and stuffed me in the ground. I hit my head hard enough to break a bone in my ear,collor bone in two places,six ribs and a crushed lung. In icu for 9 days. I still ride daily and still hit the tracks,dirt and street.
I feel its either in your blood or not. If you love to ride you always will no matter what. You know the odds and consiquences,but when you love it that part doesnt even enter your head. I have been riding for years and enjoyed every bit of it. I heard in a movie once that chics dig scars ; ) Heal up bro. Dont sweat the bike. Its all fixable. You heal up first.

As I get older and wiser I wear more gear. Its 90 degrees out and the guys at work ask if im cold beacuse im wearing a leather jacket. I tell them I dress for the fall. I rember seeing guys when I was younger in a full leather suite and thought WoW he is crazey. Now I applaude him and think that the kid taking his helmet for a ride with his helmet on his tail section is crazey. No helmet,shorts and a tank top..WoW. I look at him and think, there is a person that hasnt hit the ground yet and when they do they are going to regret it. All you can do is dress for the fall, Ride defensive and practice pantic stops. I alway tell new riders to go to a big parking lot and practice slamming on the brakes. We can all go fast in a straight line.

Last edited:
Like everyone has said in this post and here goes one more time. we all don't get tired of thinking the same way because it is our love to ride. I had one accident where an SUV ran me over where the bike got stuck under the car and I came out with some scrapes bruises and road rash, I was in the hospital for a few hours than was out. NO ONE wanted me to ride any more. 4 months later when I got my insurance money I went out and got a HAYABUSA. went down on the busa than took me 3 months to put it back together, now im here riding again waiting for the next time I will go down. Do I want to no, but like my old man says, YOU WON"T FALL OFF IF YOU DON"T GET ON IT.

And last I have this saying that I carry with me which is, " I will not stop riding because my friends have passed away on motorcycles, I will ride to Honor them and their love for riding. I will Ride."
So I do agree that when is your time is your time till then live your life to the fullest and love doing what you do, what we all love to do, Ride.:bowdown:

3881968317_a7cdd403b1_b[1].jpg

First of all my best wishes are with you for a quick recovery.

Now about riding a bike again, there are couple of major things to consider. Like, are you gonna regret later that you never give it another try? Are you gonna miss riding it and be real sad every time you'll see a fellow rider passing by? If so, then I would say you gotta get back on a bike again. But word of caution, dont let the fear rule your life. Then it'll take all the enjoyment out of you for which you wanted to ride in the first place.

On the other side, think about your responsibility on your family, the cost of repairing/buying a bike, insurance..more over the pain that you had to suffer. If that weighs more than the enjoyment you think you can get out of riding a bike, then I would say, it's time for you to let go. You had your share of riding experience, but it's not gonna be worth taking the chance again.

Whatever might be the decision, remember, you need to live with it for the rest of your life. We all just can share our 2 cents, that's about it.

75 year old lady made a left turn in front of me, I locked it up and I think the the rear slid left dumping me right. Anyway, broken right clavicle, fracture L5 transverse process on left, bruised left thigh, and I also got catheterized... lot's of fun. I don't know the condition of bike, I didn't see it before I was wisked away in an ambulance.

Anyway, In-laws, siblings, and friends...all non riders...want me to tell them I won't ride anymore. I can see it in their eyes. As sore as I am now it is tough to reassure myself. I still want to ride!

What have been your experiences with this?

Why is that cagers never seen to grasp the concept that they are the reason that it's dangerous to ride motorcycles?

Cager: Motorcycles are dangerous!
Us: No, cars cutting motorcycles off are dangerous.
Cager: DERP!!! DERP!!! DERP!!!

I get the same thing.

They assume that because I ride a Busa that I race people, weave in and out, and do wheelies on the freeway.

Those are the dangerous riders, and where people base assumptions and stereotypes off of

If I rode a cruiser, they would assume I would be a safer rider.

Its all stereotypes.

The whole concept of being on a motorcycle surrounded by cars, SUVs, and 18 wheelers is dangerous.

We all have to ride together, cruisers, cages, and sportbikes. Lets ride safely and get along.

glad you're gonna be ok. hope you get back in the saddle. i think alot of us here have been down. its no fun, but definately a reality check. i have been very fortunate to not get injured to bad on the street. went down on a stoppie and slid and high sided another time. ive been able to walk away every time due to gear.

now offroad is another story.
hope to hear your gonna get another ride...heal up and worry about it later.
good luck

well.... there are some dangers in riding a Motorcycle and I'm very aware of them. One I always say is "there are no fender benders on a Motorcycle" which for the most part is true but riding gives ua a freedom you can't get anywhere esle.
Clear your head man, heal up nice and decide at that point.
You got support here Buddy

Cheers

Did you say... lots of fun? that indicates how reckless you are in the road.
Come on... don't lose your license!

Back