crankcase breather

Yes and they have separators and/or extended hoses. No reason to change on a stock motor. Don’t fix what isn’t broke.
Unless you like the look, want to clean up the area or are thinking of adding a power adder at a later date & will need the extra space.

Filter just arrived.

20181028_092400.jpg

There’s NO issue.....

People been running these on Busa’s for over a decade. Turbo,Nitrous, Big bore, drag, land speed you name it

Good to know as I found a lite weight low profile unit I want to use . However on ZRX engines when you go low profile / loose Baffle plate they tend to get the breather filter pretty wet , and attract dirt . Easy to clean on that bike as its naked , but the Bird is not so easys to clean in the area due to access without removing tank. body panels .

Good to know as I found a lite weight low profile unit I want to use . However on ZRX engines when you go low profile / loose Baffle plate they tend to get the breather filter pretty wet , and attract dirt . Easy to clean on that bike as its naked , but the Bird is not so easys to clean in the area due to access without removing tank. body panels .
Good point about the cleaning c10. If to much oil is added with the filter it will not be pressurized up & into the air box/intake to cumbustion chambers then out threw exhaust. Don't ask me how I know.

Good point about the cleaning c10. If to much oil is added with the filter it will not be pressurized up & into the air box/intake to cumbustion chambers then out threw exhaust. Don't ask me how I know.
HI. I have run the can cover and crank case breathers in to the exhaust pipe with a one way valve. The flow of the gases makes a negative pressure in the motor = more HP. Or you can run a vacuum pump. I was also told to run the breather on the end of a long hose It acts as a baffel.

The long hose does not really act as a baffle , but more the oil mist won't travel that far up a hose .
If I remember correctly a vacuum pump on small block V8's was good for 5 hp on a Hayabusa it would be much less making the weight of a pump not worth the effort .
When I get a breather cover ill probably set the filter at same height of the airbox where it enters .
Checking frequently for excessive oil build up .

There’s NO issue.....

People been running these on Busa’s for over a decade. Turbo,Nitrous, Big bore, drag, land speed you name it

What about wheelies?
That looks like it'll leak if you stand the bike up.
Just like the Kawasaki 636's, stock they will pour oil on the tire and road if you bring them to 10 o'clock or higher. I found that out the hard way, and had to google what caused it. Made some nice smoke too.

What about wheelies?
That looks like it'll leak if you stand the bike up.
Just like the Kawasaki 636's, stock they will pour oil on the tire and road if you bring them to 10 o'clock or higher. I found that out the hard way, and had to google what caused it. Made some nice smoke too.

Idk? Anything is possible so I’ll never say never but not to my knowledge. Maybe if you ride a wheelie for 10 minutes straight??? I’ve been on this forum and a few other Busa/performance forums and never heard any issues.

Idk? Anything is possible so I’ll never say never but not to my knowledge. Maybe if you ride a wheelie for 10 minutes straight??? I’ve been on this forum and a few other Busa/performance forums and never heard any issues.
What happens when you wheelie with stock set up? Nothing there is not enough oil in the case to be pushed up into air box so same should be true for the breather I think will post wheelie results next season; cold on east coast now.

What happens when you wheelie with stock set up? Nothing there is not enough oil in the case to be pushed up into air box so same should be true for the breather I think will post wheelie results next season; cold on east coast now.

That's me wheelieing my gen2 in my avatar.
It spent a couple thousand miles around 11 o'clock, and with zero issues.
The 636 design is different, and pours oil out stock(you have to run the hose into a catch can to prevent it).
The breather on the Busa pictured looks as if it's just an open port with a filter on it.
So my thinking was that if the bike did high wheelies, it's gonna leak oil through that filter. It may not, but I'm curious if it will now.

Nitrous lines are steel braided..... My fuel lines aren’t steel braided they made of some other type of material. Forget the name but Knecum recommended them. Just as durable and long lasting but a little more flexible and easier to deal with. I tried to bulletproof this sumbich as much as possible when I got the engine built :race:
u run any spray through it yet?

Back