crankcase breather

card16969

Registered
has anybody completely blocked off the crank case breather into the air box while doing the airbox mod and replaced the hose with a crank case breather filter instead? Also was there any bennefit?

Yes I did.It idles smoother because you arent pulling in bad oily air from the crank case.That can foul out the throttle bodies as well.You will smell a little oil at idle but cruising, wont know the difference.

Should the breather be upgraded for stock Busa ?

If so, there are block-off plates, 1 or 2 ports. What's best for stock Busa ?

Breather - 1.jpg

Should the breather be upgraded for stock Busa ?

If so, there are block-off plates, 1 or 2 ports. What's best for stock Busa ?

View attachment 1586419
It's a preference and looks nice. The stocker is same ugly and has a funnel looking hump going upward with said tube attached. The low profile ones clean up the area and free up some space which could be useful in the future. Oh ur right if one just blocks it off the oil starts bubbling from pressure not good.

I can get the filter at most auto parts store right ?

The site I ordered from doesn't include the filter.
check out amazon under crank breather case filter. the size 10mm,12mm13mm is how long the conecting tube is on bottom of filter not the size of the actual filter. $6-15 not bad.

What size does a Gen I Busa use ?
They are listed in mm sizes but all they mean is the conecting tube that the securing clamp goes on is whatever mm's long or tall. If you look further some list the measurments of the filter it's self. Just saying don't get confused with how they list them as 9mm or 12mm filters its bull & has nothing to do with the filter size. all the same size just type in crank breather case filter & they come up. Think Busa 1 has right idea with the cone shaped one though for better breathablity.

If the bike is stock, leave the stock breather on it. The aftermarket plates don't have the weir system in them and are much more likely to push oil out during high power situations.

Dont think this is true. There are several high power bikes running the lower profile plates.

Back