pair valve question

smokingness69

Registered
i was looking at some threads on how to do the pair mod and they say that you need to run a hose from the crank case to the airbox for venting. where exactly do you do this? where does the hose connect to the crank case and where does it connect to the airbox?

i was looking at some threads on how to do the pair mod and they say that you need to run a hose from the crank case to the airbox for venting. where exactly do you do this? where does the hose connect to the crank case and where does it connect to the airbox?
just do the pair removal , lose some weight , lose a crappy piece of smog BS , and have yer bike run a little better .

There is already a crankcase breather .

I'm guessing yer goin with an aftermarket exhaust of some sort,and thats why the pair Q . If yer not throwin on some new pipes...then why bother .

have a good 1....RSD.

Where did you read this info on the pair mod.......I chucked mine, and don't remember running a cc vent tube.
I did the pair removal, and no more nasty backfiring from the D&D's......like it even more than b4 now. :beerchug:  :thumbsup:

And welcome to the board dude!!

i was just looking thru some old threads about 4 or 5 pages back. the topic was something like "exhaust problems" ive already done the mod myself. i was just wondering if i left something off also.

The crank vent/pair mod is combining two systems to put suction on the case. If you just remove the PAIR, you will not touch the breather tube. The Crank tube comes off the top of the crank case above the tranny and behind the cylinder bank. You get to it by lifting the tank. That tube goes to the airbox I think. The PAIR also goes there for clean air to inject into the exhaust. Someone came up with the idea to connect the breather tube straight to the PAIR suction tube to draw vaccuum on the case. This is supposed to create a better ring seal and more HP. It sounds plausible but it would be messy to throw oily air into the exhaust. I just scrapped the PAIR and the bike doesn't backfire at all now.

Buster in Seattle is the one that came up with the mod. It is the Pair Sucker Mod. On the dyno gained 3hp.
You don't have a messy oily crap B.S. problem if you are not doin wheelies and your oil level is at normal.

Back