Cost of Busa Insurance

Telboy2000

Registered
Just watched a Youtube video where the owner says he pays around $5000 per year for a Busa and a GSXR 600...apparently he's in California.....Is that the norm for some countries/age groups.

Mines part of a 3 bike policy that equates to $450 US dollars/£300

Comp is cheap... this is what geico wanted for full coverage for a mid 30's adult, home owner, no tickets, no accidents:

We received your request for a quote to add a 2005 Suzuki GSX1300RK5 HAYABUSA 1300 to your policy. If you were to complete the requested change, your new annual premium would be $3,549.00. This is an increase of $3,425.00 per year.

:banghead:

I could just buy a used hayabusa every two years instead.

Comp is cheap... this is what geico wanted for full coverage for a mid 30's adult, home owner, no tickets, no accidents:

We received your request for a quote to add a 2005 Suzuki GSX1300RK5 HAYABUSA 1300 to your policy. If you were to complete the requested change, your new annual premium would be $3,549.00. This is an increase of $3,425.00 per year.

:banghead:

I could just buy a used hayabusa every two years instead.

I think I would be shopping around. That's way to high. I pay 530 a year full coverage 500 deductible

haha. No f--ing way I'd pay 3.5k to insure a bike for a year. That's close to twice what it costs to insure my house with a 400k policy.

I'm in SoCal and pay about $550 per year for full coverage with $1000 deductible(being 61 years old and only 1 speeding ticket[on my '02 Busa in '02 :laugh:]in the last 20 years probably helps),that being said,I also pay about $550 per year for liability only on my old '92 Jeep Wrangler(both through State Farm).Probably wouldn't be that high if I lived in a less populated area and didn't have a 12 month riding season.

Im also in Socal and pay about $700 a year through Geico. I have higher than normal coverage too. I figure if I am going to get laid out in an accident, I better make sure I have enough for medical. In 2002 I called Progressive to get a quote on A '02 RC51 I was buying. I was 28 at the time, no tickets, lived in LA with a garage to store the bike in. They qouted me $7k per year. I asked the lady on the phone if she misread the number, she said nope, thats what it said. So I called Statefarm(they were still taking motorcycle policies at that time), and got it for about 800 a year.

99 Busa full coverage 100/500 comp collision deductibles...
State Farm 36.00 a month
Quoted for a 2014 ZX-14r was 70 a month...
42years old / clean record / california

I just went thru several rounds of this. I finally found that State Farm had the best rate for the Busa for me. I did get a significant discount by adding my auto policy as well. They didn't tell me that until I asked. They beat the h*ll out of Progressive and Liberty Mutual's prices for me in Texas. All of them had crazy pricing for collision. I think I ended up around $200 per 6mo, but with an increase in auto. Balances out to about $600 more per year I'm paying for less than full coverage of the bike.

I pay $1500 Australian, which is about $1176 US or 5 big bikes.

All 5 bikes full comprehensive.
All modified and all mods disclosed.
1980 GSX1100 ET.
1999 Bandit 1200
2002 Hayabusa Streetfighter.
2008 B-King
2008 GSX1400

All bikes garaged. All riders and pillion riding gear covered.
Option to do own repairs. Option to buy back any salvage.

Age 51, few speeding offences, riding for 35 years.

I pay about $1200 a year, 1 Hayabusa, full coverage, 50 years old, good driving record. Welcome to Canada.

$1000 a year in Canada with Statefarm. Bundled with car, house and life insurance plus additional loss of income coverage in case the unthinkable happened. 40 years old with clean record.

Just got my renewal notice from State Farm last week. It went form 380 to 420 this year. Mine is 1000 deductible. I am 66 and no accidents or tickets. I am going to call agen tomorrow and ask why the increase. Even with the 420/year that is far better than any other company I could find. I have no other policies with State Farm.

B king and busa both full coverage with 2 cars full coverage and insurance on the house is a bit over 2k a year.... Here in Cali. But I'll tell Ya when I called geico. For just the Busa was over 300$ a month!

Oh and yeah. Everything I have is insured under State Farm.

Just got my renewal notice from State Farm last week. It went form 380 to 420 this year. Mine is 1000 deductible. I am 66 and no accidents or tickets. I am going to call agen tomorrow and ask why the increase. Even with the 420/year that is far better than any other company I could find. I have no other policies with State Farm.

Mine also went up about $60 per year.

Back