Busa Insurance

Bent Valve - Yep, you are right! I currently have Progressive (read: expensive) and they rated my FJR as high performance. $635 a year for the FJR. Not that bad, but still high considering my age, good record, and I just have it down as only recreational transport. From what I'm hearing I plan to switch to State Farm real soon!

Thanks for all the input from everyone. As bad as I want a Busa, I had to draw-the-line when I heard the insurance quote from Sentry at $2472. That's frinken robbery! Now that I know I can get a reasonable rate, a Busa is back in my future! I'll probably bite the bullet this September after the watercraft season come to an end.
biggrin.gif

Full coverage thru State Farm $70 per month.... best I found in the New Mexico area.

State Farm here in GA. My rates just dropped. Turned 25, and my Riding Safety Course went into effect there. I get a group discount, house/truck/bike/life so my rates are a bit lower.

38 a month for full coverage, with a 500 deductible.

Well yeah, the safe drivers don't ever make claims so charging a lower premium is pure profit for State Farm.  They wouldn't insure me due to my speeding ticket and SR-22.  I'm with Progressive, $1,000 deductible, 25/50 on everything, no medical payments, and the yearly premium is $2,800 on an '04 'Busa.  That is why I got an '04 cause the '05 was $4,200.

<!--EDIT|Sithor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117258856 -->

i pay $345/year through Farm Bureau....thats with a less than stellar driving record....i've had my house and cars with them for over a year and that qualifies you for really low rates.

farm bureau is about the best price in oklahoma. i pay $500 a year and im only 24. though progressive it would be like $2000. oh yeah that is for full coverage.

<!--EDIT|bigjohn141
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117282297 -->

Yep, State Farm rocks! $325 a year for full coverage and $300K liability limits. It's nice not being lumped in with people who can't control themselves on the road or live in a trashy apartment complex and make claim after claim as their bikes keep getting stolen from the parking lot.

Another thing that many people don't know is that your CREDIT RATING makes a huge difference with insurance companies like State Farm.

now they're insuring bikes solo...no need to insure your car/house ect with them[/QUOTE]

That varies from state to state.

i pay $310.00 a year on a 05 busa not bad for being 25years old,thats full coverage 25/50/25 500 ded comp and collision,,,my agent told me if i was to get a 05 gsxr1000 my ins. would have went up to $650.00 a year WTF,,he said it was because of crash statistics,,he said every ins. company has a list of bikes that are crashed the most in order from least to worst,,he showed it to me the busa and goldwing are right next to each other,,they both have the same crash rate as a cager,,which is good for us,,i guess we take better care and have more respect for are beloved busa's,,and like a goldwing is drove that hard,,my uncle thought his 05 1800 wing was fast until i passed him like he was sitting still and he said he was at full throttle and thought he was going to pull me until i pinned the busa ,,it was funny to see the look on his face after we stopped

Throwin' in my chip for State Farm. Great rates. Great service. My wife had an accident a month ago and within 10 days, I had check in hand.

Cool company.

--Wag--

P.S. And stay the he!! away from Progressive. They really blow chunks on both the premium and the service arena.

Heh, guess I'll start lookin around tomorrow for a different company. With my 04' CBR 600RR Progressive was the best deal, So I stuck with them after trading in the RR for the Busa. Now Progressive gets $175/month for full coverage 25/50/25, and $500 deductable. And I'm 28yrs old (29 in 2 weeks, damn this aging thing).

i live in Cali and im 41 , i have usaa and i pay 255.04 a year for full coverage, i have one wreck (2001 blacbird) but im not getting penalised on the bike, for that they hit me for another 50 bucks a month on my accord since its the highr value vehicle.

They are cheap for insurance, because at the first sign of an accident or if you get 1 major ticket, or a couple minors, they boot you.

They pride themselves as "insuring the safe drivers".
I have to differ on this one man. I totalled a motorcycle (not my fault) the day after I had it, I have 10 out of 12 points left on my license currently and they have not even mentioned dropping me. State Farm is the best insurance around in my opinion. I have everything with them and will keep it that way to.

Back