Busa Insurance

FJRider

Registered
I'm a new member of the forum, and a potential Busa owner. Currently I own an '05 FJR1300, nice sport tour'er, fairly powerful and a decent handling machine.

Here lately I seem to be developing a bug to buy a Busa, as a second bike. For the hell of it I called an insurance company today to check the insurance rates on a 2005 Busa and just about fell out of my chair! Over 4X the cost of my FJR insurance! Granted, the Busa is definitely a high performance machine, but DAMN! Here's the quote from Dairyland (Sentry) Insurance today based on; age-52, number of years riding experience-22, $500 deductible, $50K/$100K coverage, only used for pleasure riding, Motorcycle Safety Course-yes, State: Virginia, number of accidents or marks against my driving record-None. Annual Cost? $2,472!

Someone please tell me this is not the typical insurance rate you older guys are paying on your Busa! Hopefully this quote is a fluke and it's not quite that damn expensive!

If you are paying even $600 a year for the FJR, that is too much.

Go to State Farm. They don't care WHAT kind of bike it is, only the CC's...

State Farm WILL be cheaper, for both.

FJ,
I am also shopping for insurance. The first quote I got from my current agent (have 3 vehicles and home with them now) was $1600.00 for same coverage/ded. as you stated. I then checked Geico and washed any hopes of making Busa numbers work with a quote of $3,374.00. (WTF??)

My quote from State Farm was a life saver at $496.95/year. I don't know why there is so much discrepancy, but definately look into State Farm. I will be moving everything to them and saving. I needed to contact a local agent but did so via their website.

They are cheap for insurance, because at the first sign of an accident or if you get 1 major ticket, or a couple minors, they boot you.

They pride themselves as "insuring the safe drivers".

900 a year for me USAA, but I heard State Farm is the best place for insuring bikes.
USAA is the best IF you are in the right state. Some states they contract out to Progressive...in which case the rates SUCK big donkey balls!

I am in California, Los Angeles are no less...and I pay $50 every 6 months for my F2 and the quote for a new Busa is $200 every 6 months...I am 32 and my limits are VERY high and deductibles are all ZERO!

USAA ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117184327 -->

hows $199.00 a year grab ya? thats full coverage w/ a $250.00 deductible. Farmers Insurance. I love my agent!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

I pay around $100 a month through State Farm. I cannot wait until I turn 25 and that shid goes down.
smile.gif

I carry liability on mine from GEICO... $81 a year. I use USAA for my other vehicles but remember not all members will be eligible (prior service only around here for USAA). At any rate they wanted over $300 a year for liability on the bike but I am in TX and they said that they don't specialize in motorcycle insurance and recomended that i look elsewhere. I would carry full coverage if it would be less than $1200 a year, everywhere i called said that the Busa was the most stolen street bike and they didn't want to make a deal.

They are cheap for insurance, because at the first sign of an accident or if you get 1 major ticket, or a couple minors, they boot you.

I have had State Farm for a very long time. I have a letter that was sent to me about 4 years ago stating I could never be canceled.

My Busa insurance is 330 per year. 500 deductable, 25/50/25
liability.

I have USAA which is good, but I too have heard that State Farm offers the best rates.

I have state farm and got a quote of $102 a month. I do have a motorcycle accident within 2 years but have not had any accidents before or after. I also have several other policies and am getting a small discount. I thought $102 a month was good. I need to find a Farmer's Insurance Agent.
face7.gif

I have had State Farm for a very long time. I have a letter that was sent to me about 4 years ago stating I could never be canceled.

My Busa insurance is 330 per year. 500 deductable, 25/50/25
liability.
Get in a couple accidents, or get a rash of tickets...they will drop you faster than a lead balloon.

My brother was in their "good driver" policy (as I and my wife are), 39, had a clean record. He got in an at-fault accident, and they said...ok...no problem...since he had a previous good record. 2 months later he got a speeding ticket, and about 3 months after that, some lady rear-ended him (NOT his fault). He got a letter about 3 wks later stating that his insurance was cancelled due to being too high of a risk.

There is NO auto insurance policy from ANY company that can not be cancelled at the companies discretion. Do you still have that letter? I would be facsinated to see it.

State Farm, STATE FARM. Just turned a riding buddy of mine onto state farm and he saved $2000+ a year.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117207015 -->

900 a year for me USAA, but I heard State Farm is the best place for insuring bikes.
Damn....that's the highest I have heard from USAA.

I have had a Busa since I was 21 and have never paid more than $500 a year with full coverage.

I just turned 25 and will be getting married this summer.  I wonder what it will go down to now if any!?!!?

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117210210 -->

Some companys rate the FJR1300 as a Supersport bike like the Busa and charge just as much.

Damn....that's the highest I have heard from USAA.

I have had a Busa since I was 21 and have never paid more than $500 a year with full coverage.

I just turned 25 and will be getting married this summer.  I wonder what it will go down to now if any!?!!?
Full coverage in Italy. 75% of all Military members will statistically be invovled in an accident before they transfer from this Country. 2 companies here to choose from USAA or Geico, and Geico wanted 2795.00 a year!!!!!
USAA wasn't going to insure me at first till I convinced them the Busa was not a sportbike but a "sport/tour" bike.

Back