Cooling fan

Here is Kevens Bike with our fan temp relocation installed.

kevs_bike_2611.jpeg

65 seems steep for that re-locator. Does any one here have a better deal.

I'll be checking e-bay.

a myth or two....
"my bike runs cooler with a muzzy fan!"

the fan has NOTHING to do with the operating temp of your bike. it is just a device that the THERMOSTAT uses to regulate the coolant temperature with.

"you must have put the fan on backwards" (yeah...this was prooly a joke, so this is for those that might wonder)

well, you cant. take a look at the center of the muzzy unit. there is a dimple in the formation that would prohibit you from being able to screw it on. if it were upside down..the screws would not be long enuf.

"water wetter or engine ice makes my bike run cooler"

well...again not true...unless you had some really nasty coolant in there to start with or air pockets.
again...the thermostat will regulate the temps of the coolant. the additives may expedite the transfer of the heat away from the motor...but once a certain temp is reached...the water flow will be restricted (or opened up) and the fan engaged until the temp rises (or falls) to desired levels.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want to lower your operating temps, then you will have to either replace the sending unit with one that is meant to do so...or use the relocator to trick the bike.
But do be warned that if you trick the bike..and live in extreme conditions....there is a risk of improper fuel conditions unless you have a custom setup. The bike will deliver more or less fuel to the cylinders depending on the heat present.
I am pretty sure this will remain until we have a "true" closed system FI setup with O2 sensors and all.
The Muzzy blades are designed to take the extra heat of bigger motors, in that they won't melt like alot of the stock ones do.....and the blade surface areas are larger than stock as well as the more aggressive blade pitch......resulting in moving more air a little faster than stock...in a little less time.

I'd say the problem with the "painted" muzzy fan could be.... Weight. Paint has a weight to it. Most fans are balanced, and machined to be a certain weight... You add weight to it, and you slow it's movement down, sometimes exponentially!

I'd say the problem with the "painted" muzzy fan could be.... Weight.   Paint has a weight to it. Most fans are balanced, and machined to be a certain weight... You add weight to it, and you slow it's movement down, sometimes exponentially!
The Muzzy fan is a lot lighter than stock. So if your theory is correct, installing a Muzzy fan throws the whole harmonics off from the get go. I can guarantee that my paint job added negligible weight to the Muzzy.

The Muzzy fan performs no better or worse than stock... even with paint! The only thing I can give to Muzzy is the ability not to melt with after-market pipes.

So far I have not had any cooling problems with my painted Muzzy fan.

GIXERHP,
I "assume" you had to remove the radiator to add the Busa fan? I have both a Busa and GSXR-1000 fan I can add. The GSXR is much smaller in physical size but the existing brackets don't line up very well with anything. The Busa fan doesn't look like it will fit (obviously yours did) without trimming the shroud and brackets. I can't get it by my stock pipes.

Thanks for the pics.

Back