Cooling fan

If anyone does decides to do this mod make sure you use Teflon tape on threads of the sensor instead of counting on the O-ring to seal it ,I had a couple drops fall .The Plug that comes with it blocks the original hole and I didnt need to add teflon to it . Im very happy with this mod it has defently made a difference in the cooling of my Busa.I also use Engine Ice cooling Fluid . and I have a Muzzy fan ,not painted ,you would have to figure it is going to be alot heavier being painted or powder coated ,not a good Idea ,but it looks good
smile.gif

have 2 regular busa fans on mine just took a little cutting on the fan shroud and a little metal bracket for an extension and the both fans fit like they were meant to be there. has for moving more air the muzzy blade really doesnt move more air. the real reason is that when you run after market exhaust the header tends to get very hot and when the fan isnt turning it starts to melt and deform the stock fan blades. that is why the muzzy is aluminum so they dont melt and deform. i sometimes just leave the second fan on to keep the bike from getting warm enough to cut on the main for or when i get stuck in traffic i just let it run keeping the bike cool
Pictures?

No I didnt take any but it is a simple install . All you do is cut the hose about 2-3"" down from the top .Make sure you leave enough to install the Tee without hitting the inlet of the radiator . I installed the Tee leaving about an 1" between the inlet tub and the Tee .take sensor from left side move it to the right side dont forget to use teflon tape . use the Plug it came with and installed it where the original was . and extent the wires to the reach the otherside . Fill you Radiator back up start it make sure no leaks ,install panels and your done .

Dont forget also that there is a mod you can do by replacing the stock thermostat with one from a Honda car if I remember correctly, opens up sooner, like 10 deg or so. I'll have to look some to find the specifics.

You are correct . It is a Fan Switch (TS-295)If I remember it right .I have one ,but never have stuck it in yet . If you go that route. also you will have to go to a junck yard and p/u the connector also.

Ah the switch, ok, I was thinking that I had something out of sorts, just couldnt put my mind to it, thanks. I checked out the link about the temp switch reloc, like that idea, but I wonder what I could rig up to save the 65$? Gonna hafta ponder on that.

You probly could use a Stainless Tee but I think you will have a hard time with the Thread Size for the Sensor. I never really looked thow .

I really love the idea of a cooler running bike. Down here in New Orleans, we live pretty much year round with high humidity and temps., so anything that can keep the engine cooler is fine by me.

My question is, did you have to extend any wires or anything to relocate the sensor or was it already long enough to reach? Also, did you lose any coolant since the stainless tee goes in the lower radiator hose?

EDIT: Just ordered the relocator. Can't wait to install it!

<!--EDIT|JDookie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142651643 -->

Here pics of a second busa fan modified for the right side of the raditor. Both fans have Muzzy blades. I just finished it,,, and boy this set up moves some air!!!!! I also swapped the sensor! All i did,,, was cut all the spot welds on the brackets, and reweld them to the correct positions.

<!--EDIT|GIXERHP
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148027887 -->

whell_chock_003.jpg

Fan temp relocator,Muzzy Fan,Distilled water-Redline waterweter,I get 4 or 5 calls a day from all over the US and this works with 500HP street Bike.

fanTemp.SwitchRelocator.jpeg

Back