Cooling fan

Busa45

Registered
I know I have read before where some folks have added a second cooling fan but I can't find those posts. Has anyone done this lately?

I swapped mine out for a Muzzy fan and it stays cool iven in Florida heat. I don't remeber seeing a post on 2nd fan. but cooling wise swap the stock 1 out and you should be fine.

Running a Muzzy and second fan.... off a 05 GSXR 1K
But I can't for the life of me remember how I did it!
sad.gif

I just finished installing a second fan...1k fan on the right side. Damb...when they are both on, that thing move alot of air

My '06 ran WARM at bike week, even with the Muzzy.
I just finished installing my Muzzy fan. I now notice that the gauge reads a little hotter compared to the stock fan when I'm not moving. I don't really think the Muzzy fan is all it's cracked up to be.

I might be putting my stock fan back in. I'm going to see how it handles the summer heat in Maryland.

stock busa fan with muzzy blade on the left. added 02 gsxr 1000 fan with muzzy blade to the right. i think the bottom mount was in line with the bottom mount for the stock busa fan. then there are 2 mounts on the top...left and right. i just put some jb kwik weld on and welded it directly to the radiator. its held for 3 years and two high speed drops. one 80mph and one 50mph. oh and also lots of hard landing wheelies. that jb kwik is some strong sh$t.

How do you know that the Muzzy fan blade moves more air?I'm not a mechanic ,but I work on HVAC systems.Air flow is very important.Most of the time, the blade is designed for a certain motor with the right RPM.The pitch of the Muzzy blade must be bigger in order to move more air.Enybody has any info about the difference in the two blades?
With two fan motors on that radiator sounds like a better idea.
Just my .02

stock busa fan with muzzy blade on the left. added 02 gsxr 1000 fan with muzzy blade to the right. i think the bottom mount was in line with the bottom mount for the stock busa fan. then there are 2 mounts on the top...left and right. i just put some jb kwik weld on and welded it directly to the radiator. its held for 3 years and two high speed drops. one 80mph and one 50mph. oh and also lots of hard landing wheelies. that jb kwik is some strong sh$t.
JB Weld? Not sure that is the way I want to go. Any other choices? Anyone make a mounting bracket for second fan, maybe from the radiator top bolt? Any pics smokingness69?

have 2 regular busa fans on mine just took a little cutting on the fan shroud and a little metal bracket for an extension and the both fans fit like they were meant to be there. has for moving more air the muzzy blade really doesnt move more air. the real reason is that when you run after market exhaust the header tends to get very hot and when the fan isnt turning it starts to melt and deform the stock fan blades. that is why the muzzy is aluminum so they dont melt and deform. i sometimes just leave the second fan on to keep the bike from getting warm enough to cut on the main for or when i get stuck in traffic i just let it run keeping the bike cool

I was thinking on putting a 2nd fan in but instead I moved the Radiator Temp Sensor from the left side to the right side made a huge difference .Fan comes on sooner and stays on longer .

Back