Cool Jobs?

I started GrudgeBike.com and GB Performance so I could play with bikes as much as I want to.

<span style='color:black'>You know, I have the same question...Does Suzuki offer any type of Motorcycle repair certification? I always thought it would be cool to go into engine repair, also fairing repair. I think restoring wrecked bikes, etc would be a blast! Idaho doesn't really have any shops that do that kind of work, so any suggestions on learning how?

-Nick</span>

All you guys have to do is go to School for small engine repair and most shops will pick you up or you can pay and go to MMI were they certify you as a motorcycle Mech. They are factory sponsered By all major motorcycle companies ie Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, Kawi, & HD

I ride my bike to work every day. Does that count!

Sorry It's a slow day!
laugh.gif

You could apply at your local dealership, maybe start out as a " sparkle tech" and work your way into repair, sales or whatever you like. The warranty manager at one of our dealers started out as a floor sweeper 12 years ago.

If you are really interested in working in the bike world there are a wealth of opportunities out there.  From working at a shop to trackside support it's all out there if you work at it.

Me?  I started out of college as a tech writer/journalist for various newspapers in the midwest and earned some extra cash doing bike service work on the side.  Now I'm in with the big dogs -- I work with one of the biggest parts/accessories distributors in the United States.  I see and work with it all from new bikes, parts and accessories to doing PR work for the national race series (AMA, Supercross, MX and some stuff for the U.S. GP).  I've met and been in the pits with most of the top Superbike teams in the last 10 years and even got some VIP stuff for the last GP I attended at Laguna Seca.

It took a lot of hard work to get here and a lot of work to stay here but man, every day I get up I know I get to do something with bikes ... worth it.

I am like bigotool. I ride my bike to work alot to save gas and I am on the run through some bad neighborhoods in Saint Louis and on my bike I feel that if something bad develops it gives me the oppotunity to get away. I buy and sell houses so I drive up and take lots of pictures and can get shots without even leaving the bike.

Back