Contemplating a change of scenery...BIG change. Thought from non-Canadian members

First off this whole every thread getting bombed with political bullish is getting to be real annoying, if its not posted in the politics area i think people need to keep that stuff out of the posts there's plenty of those threads going on to hate each other in. @rubbersidedown I say somewhere in the southern US would be good for you, I loved living in South Carolina as I was able to ride year round and I was far enough from the ocean that the storms didn't really bother me but still close enough that a couple hours on the bike and I could be in myrtle beach. I think the Ireland thing would be awesome of it was something you could pull off as that's somewhere I've always wanted to see.

I like your idea @Dopey. I get a weird feeling I might feel trapped living in the interior of any country. I have lived near the ocean all my life,and there is something awesome about it. Either coast sounds cool,not to far north or south (the weather). I just looked at a map of the U.S. S.C. mmmm,
Don't be too hard on the boyz Dope' they're just sharing thoughts. Everything is so political these days. Its all we here about lately right...politics and Covid.
Thanks man,
Rubb.

Speaking of Covid, come to Colorado! We are smart and wear our masks. Not nearly hit as hard as other states. But you might find the slow 420 drivers annoying :crazy:

First off this whole every thread getting bombed with political bullish is getting to be real annoying, if its not posted in the politics area i think people need to keep that stuff out of the posts there's plenty of those threads going on to hate each other in. @rubbersidedown I say somewhere in the southern US would be good for you, I loved living in South Carolina as I was able to ride year round and I was far enough from the ocean that the storms didn't really bother me but still close enough that a couple hours on the bike and I could be in myrtle beach. I think the Ireland thing would be awesome of it was something you could pull off as that's somewhere I've always wanted to see.
When you're talking about shifting countries, it gets kinda political, just how it is.
@rubbersidedown , guess we better shift this discussion over to the politics dept for ol' Dopey lol.

When you're talking about shifting countries, it gets kinda political, just how it is.
@rubbersidedown , guess we better shift this discussion over to the politics dept for ol' Dopey lol.
Dope' is a cool guy Kiwi.He was just trying to keep course on a topic thread for my benefit. Thats all. Now if ya wanna thread jack...

thread jack.jpg

It's all good. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Ahem . .
think again Otta . .

and @rubbersidedown you'll be in hot demand with the kiwi girls too, being Canadian and NOT a KIwi lmao!!

hey rubb

i guess the south french, eastern area (the back yard) of the "Provence/France" between marseille and monte carlo inclosing the end of the alpes till lyon or so is the best.
in france they don´t really care about bike techniques
the weather there is more or less nice - usually never below 10-15°C
food / french kitchen is one of the best you ever had
and the country roads through the alpes are fantastic

and life in this "backyard" won´t be very expensive - i guess.

and as a canadian you should understand (and speak a bit) french

and the distance to berlin is never that loooooooooooooong one but only ~1.800 km - big grin

Ahem . .
think again Otta . .

and @rubbersidedown you'll be in hot demand with the kiwi girls too, being Canadian and NOT a KIwi lmao!!

Oh bugger..

I expected some type of politics over the topic it just seems lately every thread turns into a Trump/ Biden pizzin match. So much so we've got good members not posting anymore :confused:

I’ll be honest rubb... I think you’d enjoy the poop out of Texas. There’s always something to do and there’s a metric assload of long, flat roads that the bastid could open up on. Also you can ride year round no issue.
Arizona and Nevada are also not too shabby.

I’ll be honest rubb... I think you’d enjoy the poop out of Texas. There’s always something to do and there’s a metric assload of long, flat roads that the bastid could open up on. Also you can ride year round no issue.
Arizona and Nevada are also not too shabby.
I liked the sound if Nevada years ago and almost pulled the trigger. The heat doesn't bother me too bad. 1" of rainfall a year...:thumbsup: I've been to vegas and the surrounding area several times. On one occasion I hooked up with 15-20 Org members. After my crash they passed the hat around and flew me down there to hang with the Nevada/Cali crew. One of the brothers even trailered a bike from his place in Santa Clara for me to ride. Sadly I had to turn it down as my drivers license had been revoked by the doctors here because of my brain injury. Sure was a good fuggin time thou.
Is a metric assload bigger than an' imperial assload? And does it require a bigger condom?
Rubb.

Anything I can do to help out @jellyrug ? Does she need job leads or sponsorship? Somebody I know, will know somebody in the Comp Sci department at the University of Victoria.I have 35 years in there. I could ask what/where those grads go/do after completion.
Rubb.
Rubb, that’s kind of you.
I will PM you her email, chat with her.
When I was her age I knew EVERYTHING. She is that age now, so I can’t help her much, you ever raised a strong headed girl, you would know.
Thx bro.

Back