Conspiracy theories...

Bumblebee

Donating Member
Registered
I watched an interesting show last night on the documentary channel on conspiracy theories and how they become addictive to people.

It spoke of how easily humans become addicted to many things, gambling, sex, cigarettes, food, alcohol, drugs, etc, etc, etc....and now there has been an in depth study which shows people are addicted to social media and electronic devices and conspiracy theories....

The idea of the latter is nothing new as the program went on to say there has been conspiracy theories for centuries, maybe millennia but now that it has become mainstream on many social media platforms, the conspiracy theorists have a wider audience and it is much easier to stabilize their point of view through all sorts of false factual data.

I found it to be a very interesting show and it shed a lot of light on many things I've been reading even on this forum.

This current wave of world wide conspiracy theorists have the potential to topple governments and destroy economies if left unchecked as people will blindly follow whichever path they set for them.

1634564213514.jpeg

I can certainly see how these conspiracy theories suck people in...even intelligent, well trained people I know get sucked in by a few then when they realize they have been sucked in they get upset at themselves as they all thought it couldn't happen to them...

But in their defence, some of those conspiracy theories are well done. It would be very easy for an off-shore entity to infuse a conspiracy theory into a country in hopes of disrupting civil order....in this manner their would be no need to land boots on the ground, let the affected country tear itself apart then go in after to pick up the pieces.

and you know the people who grew up 40-50 years before you said the same thing
im not saying that today is better than before but im also not saying before was better either.
i guess most of us will get our turn at saying how much better it use to than the present.
I think the world we live in now has to much information and data available to anyone life was much simpler for me when I was growing up in the seventies and eighties the old fellas here would probably agree to that :thumbsup:

I think the world we live in now has to much information and data available to anyone life was much simpler for me when I was growing up in the seventies and eighties the old fellas here would probably agree to that :thumbsup:
I agree....there is far too much readily available information and far too many platforms so all these crazies can get onto and spread their crap, predate young people and troll the rest of us.
and you know the people who grew up 40-50 years before you said the same thing
im not saying that today is better than before but im also not saying before was better either.
i guess most of us will get our turn at saying how much better it use to than the present.
Technology has increased leaps and bounds in the last 20 yrs...much more than at any other time in history.

Up to the introduction of the internet and mainstream social media, people generally found gathered information via newspapers and to some degree TV. Now at the touch of a screen, we get overwhelmed by information. The internet is a tool and all tools need some sort of safety device to protect us from ourselves because people are generally dangerous. Now a predator can be right in your kid's bedroom with them and the hackers can tap into your computer and home security system pretty easily if they want to...heck, the can even tap into many new cars...I'm awaiting the time they tap into the self driving car systems and then really cause chaos...

Conspiracy theories are like this passage from the Eagles song "Peaceful Easy Feeling":

And I found out a long time ago
What a (conspiracy) can do to your soul
Aw but (it) can't take you any way
You don't already know how to go

I agree....there is far too much readily available information and far too many platforms so all these crazies can get onto and spread their crap, predate young people and troll the rest of us.

Technology has increased leaps and bounds in the last 20 yrs...much more than at any other time in history.

Up to the introduction of the internet and mainstream social media, people generally found gathered information via newspapers and to some degree TV. Now at the touch of a screen, we get overwhelmed by information. The internet is a tool and all tools need some sort of safety device to protect us from ourselves because people are generally dangerous. Now a predator can be right in your kid's bedroom with them and the hackers can tap into your computer and home security system pretty easily if they want to...heck, the can even tap into many new cars...I'm awaiting the time they tap into the self driving car systems and then really cause chaos...
I believe in all conspiracy theories, but you will have to wait until April 1st 2022 to see what happens next.

I believe in all conspiracy theories, but you will have to wait until April 1st 2022 to see what happens next.

I have a friend who believes most known conspiracy theories. The flat earthers even almost had him and this guy has a background in aviation so I don't know how that happened. I think he gets caught on a trail of clues and can't let go. He's fascinated with all the data lining up...except it isn't real data. He has predicted the collapse of the US economy at least three times in the last 12 years, he's absolutely certain it will happen but it doesn't. It never happens. Just last week, he predicted that this year will be the end of the US economy (again). If you keep going back to the same prediction over and over for a long enough period of time, sooner or later something close is bound to happen. I can predict the earth being hit by an asteroid. It will happen some day. When Covid hit this guy was almost elated that his prediction of the world being taken over by the globalist finally came true. "I've been predicting this for years, well here it is"...except it isn't. Again.

Back