Considering a 'Busa and need some advice.

I'mAllIn

Registered
I've been lurking for a few weeks and reading and searching and reading and searching.....you get the idea. I currently ride an '06 FJR and will be moving on to another bike over the winter. I am/was strongly considering a new BMW GT until I saw the 'Busa article in one of the mags recently where they turned a 'Busa into a "Gentleman's Express", which got me thinking.

So if you use your bike as a "Super-Sport-Tourer", please let me hear about and more importantly, see your mods. Specifically, I'm interested in shedding weight and increasing comfort for long rides. Hard bags are a must for me and I always ride solo.

Show and tell time boys and girls.....!

Thanks
Steve
Memphis, TN

welcome. i'm picking up a Gen II from a member on this board in NC and riding it back to houston, 1100mi, over 9/11 weekend.

the gentlemans already put heli bars on it.

corbin is making beetle bags for Gen II's

there are a varietly of seat makers for this bike, Corbin, New Image, Tobins

also a common mod is Buell pegs

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members-members/78309-buell-peg-mod-99-09-busa-owners.html

i'm coming of a '00 VFR w/ 52,000mi.....

motohouston right?

:welcome: I really think you'll like the Busa. There are a lot of Mods you can do to make it more confortable and carry what you need on a trip. Git it, you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

You will have to take breaks on any bike. The most comfortable 2up sportbike IMHO. If you get a busa there will not be another bike available to "move up" to. Not really a problem though.

:whistle:

sh8bag_352.jpg

I've been lurking for a few weeks and reading and searching and reading and searching.....you get the idea. I currently ride an '06 FJR and will be moving on to another bike over the winter. I am/was strongly considering a new BMW GT until I saw the 'Busa article in one of the mags recently where they turned a 'Busa into a "Gentleman's Express", which got me thinking.

So if you use your bike as a "Super-Sport-Tourer", please let me hear about and more importantly, see your mods. Specifically, I'm interested in shedding weight and increasing comfort for long rides. Hard bags are a must for me and I always ride solo.

Show and tell time boys and girls.....!

Thanks
Steve
Memphis, TN

:welcome: AllIn....the guys above have already given you some good advice. We look forward to you getting on board a Busa. The best thing about a Busa is how multifunctional the bike can be.
With a few mods she can be a "gentlemans express" or a "back canyon burner"

ENJOY :thumbsup:

welcome. i'm picking up a Gen II from a member on this board in NC and riding it back to houston, 1100mi, over 9/11 weekend.

the gentlemans already put heli bars on it.

corbin is making beetle bags for Gen II's

there are a varietly of seat makers for this bike, Corbin, New Image, Tobins

also a common mod is Buell pegs

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/members-members/78309-buell-peg-mod-99-09-busa-owners.html

i'm coming of a '00 VFR w/ 52,000mi.....

Hey Racer_X......

not to go off topic. But is there any way you can postpone picking up your bike until the weekend of the Bash and come partake in the fun!?? You won't be that far away from it at that point.
2009 Fall Busa Bash - Hayabusa.oRg

The hayabusa is one of the most customized motorcycles in the world for a super sport bike. I don't have any pictures for you unfortunately. However, there are many people here can tell you many things that they have done to make it very comfortable for you. I think once you get a Busa....you would be amazed with the all the things that you can do with these great bikes. There a few hard covered baggage that you can buy that would be very comfortable for you on long journeys. You can get handle bar risers, Double bubble touring windshield, more comfortable seats that would be good on long journeys. I remember last year at Black Bike week in Myrtle Beach, SC, I rode my bike from there to columbus, ohio non-stop with the exception of getting gas. I did it in 11 1/2 hours. People asked me if it hurt my back...and the answer was no. Since the bike is a big bike you can stretch out on these bikes and move around in them better than other types of sport bikes. I was more mentally tired than I was physically tired. I remember that night when I went to sleep I was dreaming of riding my bike....lol...

Hey Racer_X......

not to go off topic. But is there any way you can postpone picking up your bike until the weekend of the Bash and come partake in the fun!?? You won't be that far away from it at that point.
2009 Fall Busa Bash - Hayabusa.oRg

thanks for the invite, but unforn. i have a newborn at the house, wife's a nurse who works weekends.......using up ALL my kitchen passes for this road trip.......lol

i'll need to get back ASAP......1100mi 2 days.

why yes

did you ever take MSF ?

yep...awesome cycle

Louie was my instructor and Deb was on the range helping.

Had too many friends advising me to take the course and I wanted to also. Best thing I ever did:cheerleader:. Now I just need to find gear to fit me :whistle:

I have a helmet lol

yep...awesome cycle

Louie was my instructor and Deb was on the range helping.

Had too many friends advising me to take the course and I wanted to also. Best thing I ever did:cheerleader:. Now I just need to find gear to fit me :whistle:

I have a helmet lol

cool! i know both of them :thumbsup:

congrats, still a bad first bike.....best o luck.

thanks for the invite, but unforn. i have a newborn at the house, wife's a nurse who works weekends.......using up ALL my kitchen passes for this road trip.......lol

i'll need to get back ASAP......1100mi 2 days.

We have very similar lives... :laugh:

Let me know when you want to meet up with your new bike. Maybe we can get another Lake Conroe ride going... :beerchug:

Back