Considering Busa

:laugh:all a can say is dont talk about it be about it you real like it the more you get right hand happy the bigger you smile :cheerleader:

:laugh:all i can say is dont talk about it be about it you real like it the more you get right hand happy the bigger your smile :cheerleader:

I'm still conflicted. The deal for the bike is $11,000 OTD and with 1.99% financing. Overall, it seems to be reasonable. However, given how soft the market is for sports bikes and bikes in general, the hold time and the depreciation may not make it worthwhile. Plus, I'm not confident that the economy is recovering (it's limping along) and I don't want to be between a rock and hard place if have to sell it.

Not to change the thread, but how’s the economy in your area? I live in New Mexico and we’re a lagging indicator. From a jobs perspective there’s still contraction in the trades industry and housing values are still falling. The only industry that’s expanding is the government. It seems that the recovery is going to be slow at best. Thoughts?

Uno, Nice stable you have there. I commute on my Busa and once you feel the power and handling of a large super bike it is tough to ride in a Suburban like a Wing...don't get me wrong..your wing is the gold standard of touring bikes...wouldn't mind having one myself...there is an addiction factor that is hard to understand unless you've tied one of these puppies on..there are now a handful of liter bikes that will keep up with and spank the Busa..but not a bike on the market fills the niche of a Busa (okay well maybe the Connie is close)...You can bag her up, change the seat, heli risers..and such and you have a fantastic bike for touring, commuting, twisties, dragging...
Economy in N. California...foreclosure capitol of America...but I work in the medical field and they are killing me with overtime....24 hours extra already this week...By the way I was in New Mexico in November on my way to Florida to pickup a new aluminum truck body for the diesel...What a gorgeous state...

Greetings All,

I'm considering buying a new 2009 White Busa as a 2nd bike, but would like a little feedback. Currently I'm riding a 2008 Gold Wing and have owned many street and dirt bikes in the past. I still ride in the dirt as I have a 2005 Honda CRF450 with a 500 kit and race tech suspension (its awesome). Now before you guys give me hell about a Gold Wing, I'll tell you it's not your daddy's bike. I'm 38 and it's the best street bikes that I've owned (even better than my BMW k1200). I plan on keeping the stallion for a long time.

However, I want to add another bike to the stable that has a "little" more power and fun factor. I'm not much of a cramped down rider anymore, so I'm looking for a bike that's comfortable and has power on command. Giving the incentives that Suzuki is offering and the overall reliability of the Busa I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger.

But, before doing so I'd like to get your opinions on the Busa is for touring and general riding, including passenger experience. Also, please share your experiences with reliability too.

I appreciate your insight.

Best,

UNO

I love mine. I too have had many bikes before this one. The only drawback I have is my wife's back hurts when riding on the back because it requires her to tilt forward to hold on. Short jaunts are fine, but big trips are out of the question unless we figure out a solution. At the same time, with 2 small kids and 2 business', I'm not going anywhere anytime soon ;)

Back