Considering addition to stable

Techbiker

Registered
So, I'm considering a '08 Goldwing NAV, ABS to add to stable. Was just looking for comments about ride, dependability or any other comments about this bike.
I'd like to take some 1000+ mile rides with the wife and this bike was my first consideration.

Thanks in advance for comments and advice.

15 Reasons a Gold Wing would be stopped along the road
The cappuccino machine needs cleaning.
His co-rider fell asleep and he hated to wake her.
He needed to put 10 new CDs in to the CD changer.
The refrigerator mounted on the trailer hitch can't keep the ice cream frozen on hot days so he stopped to eat it.
He had a fax coming in on the first line, so he thought he'd better disconnect the modem from the second line in case someone was trying to
reach him on the helmet phone.
The last big bump made the lazy boy seat come to a full upright position, so he had to stop and adjust it.
His tax accountant has scheduled a conference call with his portfolio manager, and he wanted to take a few notes.
He just crossed a time zone and he needed to reset the VCR to record the right program for him to watch tonight.
His A/C vents were pointed too far into the wind stream to keep him cool.
He has a 200-mile gas tank range but a 175-mile bladder range.
He stopped to take the chocolate chip cookies out of the oven, but now the ice cream is all gone, so what can he eat with them?
He was confirming tonight's reservation at the Hilton 800 miles ahead.
He wanted to color in another state on his travel map.
He had a bug splattered on his chrome and he needed to polish it before it dried on.
He stopped to help the Harley that was stopped along the road

What is the difference between a Gold Wing and a logging truck?
1. About 40 pounds and a stuffed animal.
2. Logging trucks don't throe sparks when they go around corners.
3. Logging trucks need all their lights.
4. Logging trucks will usually pull over to let you pass.
5. Logging trucks must stop at weigh stations.
6. Logging trucks don't all look alike.
7. Logging trucks are not as wide.
8. Nobody ever built a three wheel logging truck.
9. You can't get a 400-pound woman on a logging truck.

:laugh:

Last edited:
OK, all BS aside..........I have owned every model of Goldwing made, 5 in all.
Reliable, quiet, mostly maintenance free. The 1800 handles very much like a sportbike. If you are looking for a long distance tourer, the Wing really has no peers. It does everything very well............

It's very much unlike the Busa in many respects. It's a big fat ugly bike that can't corner. Oh, wait. People say that about the Bus too.

It's a great choice. Just remember to wake the wife once in a while for bathroom breaks and such. :laugh

The flying couches have their place. Goldwing owners are happy campers.
But I've gotta case of Busamania!

Can't handle you say :poke: :laugh:

I want the goldwing trike I love that dam thing..

I doubt the trike will get around the corners like this though

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't handle you say :poke: :laugh:

I want the goldwing trike I love that dam thing..

I doubt the trike will get around the corners like this though

I've seen that video before. I would say he's an expert rider who has worn the dragon out and has chased sport bikes down. I think you are seeing a goldwing pushed to its limits. If didnt have a valkyie interstate as my cruiser and second bike I would buy an FJR 1300 or a Goldwing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at some Goldwings today. I keep thinking why not just get a car, but I'm sure they're awesome for two-up long distance riding. I know a guy in his 60's who rides his to Phoenix every year, with his wife. That's about 1800 miles one way, so it must be a nice ride. It'd be cool to have one, but never as my only bike. Let us know what you decide to do. :thumbsup:

I have had five Wings and can say I do not regret having had any and all of them. They were before sport-touring machines made big improvements. I still have an FJR (that I will add a sidecar to this winter) and a Connie14, and the Connie is my main "long day in the saddle" bike. If you have found your Busa addictive, I doubt you will want a Wing or K12. Try a Honda ST, Yamaha FJR, and Kawasaki Connie14 and see if these have a more exciting feel to them. Then again, when I turn 75, (I am only 62 now) I may want another Wing so I had better not make any "I'm not ready for a Wing" jokes yet.

Back