considering a 2nd bike purchase - looking for input

Hey I am new here but I've been riding for 29 years now, so a little bit of thought has gone in to your question.

Here's a short list of bikes that I would think about.

M109R (looking to put one in my garage too!)

Kawasaki Connie. (has won manny sport touring contest and is really quick seeing as how you are used to the power of the Busa it won't disappoint you.)

BMW GTL (See Connie)

If you don't mind stepping down the power curve a bit.

Triumph Tiger (underrated and often over looked, but a good bike if your not going WAAAY OFF ROAD)

Suzuki V-Strom 650 a lot of bike for not a lot of coin.

But if you want to go anywhere BMW GS:bowdown: very hard to beat, problem is very tall for shorter riders, vastly different feel from what you have now and very hard to find used because most guys that have them ride off in to the sunset never to be seen until years later!

Just my .05 cents!

Hope this helps.

i have to agree with raydog:thumbsup: you can buy a brand new dual sport bmw 650 out the door for $8k plus a 3 year 36k mile warranty. i hopped on one of those the other day and loved it

I had a 2000 Road King for 5 1/2 years before I bought the Busa. Big bore and cams. Very nice bike but I don't think I could go back to a cruiser. I haven't owned a Wing but have ridden a few. For two up lounging it would be ok.
My first choice would be a Connie 14. Next A FJ. Then it would be a toss up between a ST 1300 or a BMW K series.

I've tossed around selling the Busa for a C14 lately anyhow.

A friend of mine has a Buell Ulysses, the short version and loves it. He also has a Buell 1125 and doesnt ride it much since he got the Ulysses. I have rode a Connie 14 and the BMW K 1300 and really liked both of them to. The Ulysses is a really fun bike. Good luck Brian.

PS, I will be in the city 2/24 through 3/3.

Maybe no need to get a 2nd bike, instead mod the Busa which is already a capable sport-touring platform. But if you MUST get a 2nd bike for serious LD touring, then the Wing, C14 or BMW gets my vote. FWIW, my other bike is an 02 HD Road King

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

If I was taller I would go with sport touring class FJR Honda ST

But at my height the bike fits me an has me :drool: is the 2012 victory cross country fits me like a glove. Huge luggage and if you check their vids out a lot of thought went into it when they designed it.2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Motorcycle : Overview

If I was going to ride from Miami Fl to Cali, that is what I would want to do it on. Be nice to walk into the stable an have the Busa an Cross Country to choose from

Back