Comtemplating buying a Busa

The tl1000R is garbage compared to a busa. If you are used to an 03 gsxr 1K you will love a Busa.

Most comfortable ride, especially two up, this bike was built for the long haul.

The engines last forever, I have a buddy with 68K on his.

You won't regret buying a busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

The tl1000R is garbage compared to a busa. If you are used to an 03 gsxr 1K you will love a Busa.

Most comfortable ride, especially two up, this bike was built for the long haul.

The engines last forever, I have a buddy It 68K on his.

You won't regret buying a busa.
Posted via Mobile Device

There is a tender place in my heart for the TL1000R it was a torquey *****, the chasis was absolute **** though and the rear shock was down right dangerous. But I only rode a buddy's before I just about bought it. I didn't I wanted a inline 4 liter bike. It was comfy though.

I have been riding street for 3 years now before I started riding I took a rider safety course. I started on a 03 600RR it was a fun bike to start on. Last year half way through the year. I was watching the local classifieds and seen liter bike prices were in the toilet and 600 prices were awesome. So I made the logical decision and found myself a 03 GSX-R 1000. I have been riding it for the past year and a half.

I am seriously considering buying a Busa. I want something more comfortable for long trips. I also take the girlfriend for rides she likes the GSXR but it does get uncomfortable for her if we are riding for over a hour. How is the busa on fuel compared to GSXR? Also how would the seat of the Busa compare to a 98 TL1000R? I liked it and I thought it looked kinda similar. I am 6'4" and 280lbs, I have wanted to ride a busa so bad, but I have yet to.

same here. but i have an 09 busa. nice big pad for the girlie. ergo's are great, even 2up. might get a little wrist pain on the longer trips. my girlie starts *****in about an hour into the ride cause her legs fall asleep and she gets the pins and needles. its not a goldwing. shifts are smooth as silk if you arent doggin it. i was lookin at a corbin seat set with the back rest. doesnt look bad. the busa is the best your gonna get as far as 2up riding on a sportbike. :thumbsup:

:welcome: i wanted a comfortable bike and speed. i had 2 choices the one was a sleek whale(busa) or a ugly george forman grill themed bike(its name is that which shall not be mentioned). but when i went and acctualy sat on both of them i found the busa to be alot more comfy for me. soooo i win :cheerleader:

p.s. i do get asked alot about when im getting an aligator seat for my bike. Thats the only crap i have to listen to about it.

GET A BUSA!!!!!!!

Well got an update for you guys, the bike is up for sale with very little interest. Hope someones comes and snatches it up cause I got a line on an 05 Busa with 3400 miles for cheap.........:banghead:

Compared to sport bikes the rear seat is very passenger friendly although a lot people mod them. Add one of those custom backrest where the grab rail goes she will :poke: you every Sunday morning for a ride

:welcome: come and enjoy one of the top bikes in the Sport Touring world, she has a little more sport in her than all the others in it's class no one here seems to mind it though. :laugh:

rearseat.jpg

I started off with a busa and i have yet to regret it, all my friends have different bikes (R1, ZX-10's, GSXR-1000's...you name it and i have ridden all of them and the most versatile bike is definitely my 'Busa. It has the best of both worlds...when i want to take long a** trips its comfortable and when i want to rip it up at the track she's definitely the bike to have too, matter of fact i just bought my second one and i have yet to see it since im still in afghanistan for 2 more months, here they are, my blue one is my first one and the black one is the newest one.

DSC01572_[800x600].JPG

DSC01573_[800x600].JPG

100_2032.JPG

100_2033.JPG

MY_BABY.jpg

TANK.jpg

I'm 6' 4" as well and love my Busa. With a passenger on back, you ALMOST, can't even tell she's there. The only thing that's a little more tricky is doing some quick chicaner turns but really, it's not a problem. Especially if she really knows how to relax and stay with you, you can still do nearly all the same things you do riding solo.

You'll love, it, I promise!

At the risk of inadvertently talking you out of it, spend the money to upgrade the suspension on it.

--Wag--

Well I have an awesome update, I sold and delivered my bike on Friday and will be taking snatching up a 05 for very cheap. Already have some mods sitting there and two choices for a Full Exhaust system waiting.

go ahead spoil your self get the busa you wont regret it. i use to own a TL and it was a nice comfortable ride for two up. but was kinda lacking in the power department then one of my buddies got a busa. sat on it, took it for a spin around the block and my mind was made up i had to have one. 99 copper/silver no complaints from the misses either.

To me liters and 600s look like insects. I'll take the "space shuttle" look anytime. Plus you know one when you see it, unique.

With the 'Busa, you will get everything that you are looking for in a bike. It will get great gas mileage (as long as you stay off the throttle), have more power then you will ever need in stock form, and like Pashnit said, is a couch on two wheels! Just go ahead and buy one. You will not regret it!

:welcome:

DO IT-its worth it BUT insuarance will go up, gas will go up (i came from an sv). however, for me, i got more benefits from getting a busa so i didnt care about the increase in gas and insuarance. My girl is much much happier when we ride 2up. she would never ride on the sv!! with a few mods you'll be loving the busa. good luck.

Factor in Insurance costs........ They are not cheap.
That being said, I can totally relate to the size part of your choice. Goldwing for me was not and probably will never be an option. Rode my fathers Concours.......... again not for me. I had an SV1000s which is similar to the TL you spoke of...........
I am 6'5", and 240lbs
I do not regret for one second, buying my busa. Comfortable, Powerful, typically get 37MPG for fuel economy, aftermarket support is phenomenal, and the ORG is full of people who have already been there and done it. Great advice from great people saves you big $$$$$$. and I have never been directed wrong:beerchug:
Go for it. But ride within your limitations.
Hope to see you out there.

Back