need feedback on busa purchase

lytefinder

Registered
hey can anyone out there give me some feedback? I am looking at an 03 busa and a 06 gsxr 1000. I currently have a 02 gsxr 1000 but im looking for something different. i was wondering what youguys would suggest. I always stretch and lower my bikes because where I live it's mainly city riding but I am 5'11 and 200 lbs so thats another factor. I haven't gotten a chance to really ride a busa to get the feel for it so whats your opinion

am not sure if your asking how it handles or just the feel, but they handle ok with a strech and lowered but you should watch out for dips and you may want to get a different kick stand because they tend to stand a little to straight up with the oem when lowered besides that its all good when on a busa

I went from an '05 GSXR 1000 to a '00 Hayabusa lowered and strecthed. It feels a lot better to me because I am a big guy. I miss the 1000, picking it up and whiping it around, but I'm much happier with the Busa. Try to ride one for a little while first if you aren't sure. I gauratee you will have a decision when you're done. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Had 06 gixxer 1000, great bike for twisties and wheelies. Got the busa plenty o power, pulls like there's no tomorrow. If you are going to be stretching it might as well do the busa.

I thought the busa was a good fit for my size i just heard different things about them overheating in traffic but every bike has some con to it but I also thought I may have been too big for the 1000 considering how narrow that bike is. Here in Richmond, Va. we do alot of street riding in town. Busa feels good in the city setting too???

The Gen II is great in traffic, you can upgrade the cooling system in the Gen I.

:welcome: i love the busa and i am sure u will as well. i've put 24k on my 07busa. more than average but some here on the .org put my seat time to shame.

if you have any questions just ask and or use the search button at the top of the screen

Welcome to the .org. Lowered and stretched, the 'Busa will handle just fine as long as all the work is done right. I am a little over 6'2" and have ridden a few lowered 'Busas and they ride just fine for me. :thumbsup:

Back