Comtemplating buying a Busa

FanaticalKilla

Registered
I have been riding street for 3 years now before I started riding I took a rider safety course. I started on a 03 600RR it was a fun bike to start on. Last year half way through the year. I was watching the local classifieds and seen liter bike prices were in the toilet and 600 prices were awesome. So I made the logical decision and found myself a 03 GSX-R 1000. I have been riding it for the past year and a half.

I am seriously considering buying a Busa. I want something more comfortable for long trips. I also take the girlfriend for rides she likes the GSXR but it does get uncomfortable for her if we are riding for over a hour. How is the busa on fuel compared to GSXR? Also how would the seat of the Busa compare to a 98 TL1000R? I liked it and I thought it looked kinda similar. I am 6'4" and 280lbs, I have wanted to ride a busa so bad, but I have yet to.

gas mileage on a stock Busa should be around 38-44 if cruising.

Not sure on the seat. I have a Tobin seat and it is comfy.

:welcome:

Welcome!

:welcome:

I have a Corbin seat and it is comfy.
You can always change seats to fit, but nothing else is a Busa.

Compared to the bikes you are listing - you will find the Busa is a couch on wheels.

When you say Travel - The busa is your bike. :thumbsup:

Dsc04236_busa_800.jpg

Dsc04236_busa_800.jpg

in the words of every nike add campaign "Just do it" you'll be pleasantly surprised by the versatility of this wonderful machine. Just make sure you have your insurance lined up ahead of time it can be pretty pricey depending on your driving record.

as a larger guy myself and my wife too we ride and enjoy...but there is always room for 1 up playtime!!! oh and :welcome:

I had a CBR 1000 rr and currently own a 2007 K7 GSXR 1000 and have owned my Busa since 06. My wife refused to ride on anything buy my Busa and over the years I have found that I prefer riding the Busa as well. The only time I chose to ride either of the 1000's was for a track day. Ironically though, I have found that I enjoy riding the Busa at the track as well. In all reality, nothing really stands out as exceptional about the Busa other than it is an exceptionally capable, enjoyable and downright fun bike to ride. I sold the CBR, the GSXR and will not be replacing them. More telling though is that some of my harder edged friends rode my Busa and have sold their sportbikes so they could have one. What started out as my friends making fun of my choice has turned in to all but one of them owning a Busa and thanking me for the test ride. btw, insurance in California for me was much cheaper for the Busa than my GSXR 1000.

If long rides and 2 up riding is what you're after then the Busa is the bike you're looking for. Looks and performance of a supersport with the comfort of a touring bike.
:welcome: to the .oRg!
Post up some pics :rulez:

Back