Color Poll

Saw both the red and the blue at Long Beach. I liked the blue, as did 2 friends, but I can't say that it actually looked better than the red. Any color is better than the copper. Last time I saw anything that mottled and ugly was on some dead salmon in Alaska. They are probably faster, to get away from people who are offended by such eyesores and throw rocks at them. Hey, even ugly bikes need love, so have at it.heheheheheehee

...I've said this before, but it seems to me that cops realy go for any thing even remotely resembling a GSXR...years of conditioning, I guess...the blue and silver is too close for me...one reason I tried a 'Busa was to get away from the Boy Racer look...I think both new colors suk and am glad I din't wait when the chance came to grab the gray and black Stealth Busa!

I'm with Hapo. A bike as evil as this deserves to be none other than black. And it looks REAL nasty at night. Everything I own is black though. Once you go black you never go back.

If you want the public and everyone else to pick a Busa from the crowd of bikes then only the COPPER will do it.
Hayabusa is Copper as copper is Hayabusa.
First look is as ugly as sin but then it grows on you and it even looks sexy say all the gals. That'a why mine is a copper. But I have to admit the blue looks pretty kewl too, in fact I have to hand it to Suzuki, I have always said the japs have no taste in color, that is until the Busas came along.

Plan on seeing another red/gray streak soon hopefully! My second choice would be black, but I'm tired of washing my black car, come to think of it, they are all cool colors. You can't see what color it is at 200mph can you?... :)

The copper truly is the definitive Busa. Unfortunately it was featured in all of the publications, and is largely responsible for the roasting by the mags. on style. In addition, that color, along with the unfortunate decision to add the corpse-like secondary color,resulted in an appearance of fat-assed ugliness. I would not be riding a Busa if the copper was the only choice or I couldn't repaint it. The black and charcoal looks at least 50 pounds lighter, and consistently draws comments like,"I thought all of these were ugly, but the black looks great!" The copper might have been OK had they not two-toned it.Very unfortunate. Red and Blue look good.

[This message has been edited by SlowHand (edited 14 December 1999).]

I agree with SlowHand. The definitive 'busa is the copper one. I had free choice and I chose copper as well. Most other colours are way too common and would not compliment the bike as well as the copper. I am sure this is the reason that Suzuki chose an exceptional colour for an exceptional motorcycle.

I must admit that I like the '99 red&black. My second choice for any other existing colour would be the red&silver.

Still, copper is the choice for me. Even if I could change the colour without cost I would not do so.

I thought black-grey was the best, but when I saw Waltman's copper one out in the sunshine & rode it I changed my mind about copper; it looks much better outdoors than in pictures or the showroom. Now I wish I had one...copper is classic. Since I missed the 99's, it looks like blue or red. Blue would look hot for about a day, then I would get tired of it and you'd be reading another "Busa for sale" thread. It looks like red & grey for this guy...oh boo hoo, it just breaks my heart. :)

The copper truly is the definitive Busa. Unfortunately it was featured in all of the publications, and is largely responsible for the roasting by the mags. on style. In addition, that color, along with the unfortunate decision to add the corpse-like secondary color,resulted in an appearance of fat-assed ugliness. I would not be riding a Busa if the copper was the only choice or I couldn't repaint it. The black and charcoal looks at least 50 pounds lighter, and consistently draws comments like,"I thought all of these were ugly, but the black looks great!" The copper might have been OK had they not two-toned it.Very unfortunate. Red and Blue look good.I understand that the stylist who did the copper was brought in from Yugo, was devastated at the reviews, tried to off himself, and is now in a mental hospital for the criminally insane. Heeheehee

Sorry about the double post.Tried to delete the first, but wasn't allowed. When I tried to post earlier I kept getting a notice that the server was down; then when it came up it did a partial first post and followed with the entire thing.Very strange.

Back