Clutch Bolts are loose and was just told from Suzuki that its not a recall !?

Duke1340

Registered
My clutch on my 08 was making alot of noise !!! I took it to the shop ,but remembered that I saw a post on this on the ORG ! Today I was told by the dealership that I would have to pay to get it fix ! I began to google Suzuki's # and why was I told that they know but its not a recall and I would have to Pay !:banghead:???

Sorry its been so long since I had mine done. Yes, mine was still under the Warranty. Where are you located? Its not very hard to do and am willing to help if needed

Just talked to the Suzuki ... they said that it wasnt !?

Call Suzuki's main customer number in California . . . be nice. Tell them that you've owned Suzuki's your entire life and that you spent your life savings on your Gen 2 - your dream bike. Tell them that you've only been going back and forth to church on weekends, and that you never took it over the speed limit. Tell them that you really love your bike, you've had good experiences with every Suzuki you've ever owned. Then tell them what happened with your clutch, and ask them why the dealer won't cover it. Then tell them that if you end up paying for this repair, you are going to buy a ZX14! :laugh:

Seriously?? $91 to R&R The fairing, clutch cover and 6bolts on the clutch? You are crazy if you don't do it yourself

It's already done and considering shop rates are 80-90 bucks an hour the charge seems right.
Fair I don't know about but I think that's the minimum they would charge anyway is an hour right?

Seriously?? $91 to R&R The fairing, clutch cover and 6bolts on the clutch? You are crazy if you don't do it yourself

With some here spending the $91 bucks would be cheaper for them to have a mechanic perform this task. Yes its easy for those that know how to torque a bolt without stripping the threads to god awful pieces.
I hear so many stories here of people stripping oil plugs. With this job you have,,, how many bolts to put the clutch cover back on not to mention the clutch hat bolts with the springs, now what are the odds of some stripping atleast one of these....

Correct ....I could have done it myself ...but as I stated , Reading some of the post with other members and this issue .I went In thinking that it was on them !!! And I called Suzuki and they said its just a Bulletin on how to fix , not a recall !! And what makes it funny is that they guy on the phone for Suzuki has a Kawasaki !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

Correct its a TSB Technical Service Bullentin

Service+Bulletin+04+06+09+re1240904561.jpg

shd've just let it come loose and blow the motor up . Then it would be a warruntee issue

yea i just called my dealer since the bikes there to have them do this and they knew nothing about it. Also said he checked my vin and no recall came up. So think ill be doing this once i get my bike back. Im deff hearing a rattling noise when im riding.

Back