LOOSE CLUTCH BOLTS

OB_tinhead

Registered
I installed the Brock Davidson clutch mod today. On disassembly, all six of the pressure plate bolts were loose 1/2 to 1 turn. It was actually the six pedestals that screw into the outer (sliding) part of the stock hub and need to be removed to put into the B.D. mod part.
I had been getting the wierd clutch noises and graunching clunks, but thought it was normal from reading about it here from other owners. I'll see if it goes away after finishing installation with red Loctite on those pedestals.
THESE WERE NOT IMPROPERLY TORQUED, THEY WERE LOOSE!

My clutch is making weird noise when I release the clutch on a fast take off and some times it grabs and makes noise when down shifting,I'll check my service manuel for adjustment.Thanks for the heads up

All loctiting was done with cleaner etc. No Japanese assembly robot this time!
At idle on the stand in the shed, clutch seems quieter and less vibration with Brock Davidson mod. There's other stuff to do before road testing. THEN DAYTONA!!

Hey guys,
I noticed in the 2000 Busa supplement that Suzuki made a change to the clutch spring set bolts (that hold the clutch springs in place) and the support bolts that they screw in to.
They have gone to a longer bolt with more engagement.

It would be wise for all to check these, Suzuki would not correct a problem that does not exist.

Brock

Thanks just posted out on the other tread, I am having almost the same problem, my shop Is going to check this out with suzuki and cut a tag for working on the bike. Will talk to them on my way home tonight :)

Back