Clutch Hub Torque with Brock's Mod?

Sweeney

Registered
Doing Brock's Clutch Mod: Instructions say the clutch hub torque is 68.5 ft/lbs but the service manuel say's the clutch hub torque is 108 ft/lbs.

Is Brock's number correct for the 08? Maybe because of aluminum part?

Advice appreciated!

Brock's is correct and the part should be magnesium and not aluminum...
winkold.gif

Great, I'll go with Brock's torque number then. Thanks for the response.

Just got the factory two piece POS removed. What a clunker in there. + Brock's piece is sooo much lighter

Installing Brock's Clutch Mod and have a few questions. What are you using to hold the clutch housing while removing and torqueing the clutch hub nut? Hate to buy the Suzuki tool when I may never need it again. I'm sure I could get it off with an impact wrench but what about torqueing it? Stap wrench possibly? Also, are you using the spring spacers if it's mainly street driven? Is a slave support needed with this mod? And what's with rotating the last friction plate one notch-what does this accomplish? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Installing Brock's Clutch Mod and have a few questions. What are you using to hold the clutch housing while removing and torqueing the clutch hub nut? Hate to buy the Suzuki tool when I may never need it again. I'm sure I could get it off with an impact wrench but what about torqueing it? Stap wrench possibly? Also, are you using the spring spacers if it's mainly street driven? Is a slave support needed with this mod? And what's with rotating the last friction plate one notch-what does this accomplish? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Easy way:
Put blue locktight on the nut. put the fibers and steels back in. Put the bike in high gear. push in on the fibers and steels with your fingers. Tighten nut with impact gun. I have installed and removed many dozens of times with no problem. I would be surprised if 99% of shops don't use this method. Nuts that hold mains and rods are precicely torqued. There is no need for precision torque of this nut. Locktight will keep it on. Same logic goes for front sprocket nut. You can remove same way with impact wrench.

DRACO 1340 IS RIGHT.I HAVE USED AN IMPACT GUN FOR MANY YEARS AND HAVE NEVER HAD ONE GET LOOSE OR COME OFF.

Back