Clutch Hub replacement or clutch mod ?

Probably still one of the best and affordable street/strip clutches for a high performance bike is the original MTC multistage, at $1200. It does everything the Gen 2 multistage does and doesn't cost $2300. The difference - the original multistage works off of transmission rpm and does not require the more expensive outer basket required by the Gen 2 version. Seb's boost assisted clutch is not as streetable as a multistage, and won't work on the dyno. I still have the original multistage in my 600+ street Busa and Ali is correct - it works just like the stocker, and locks up when necessary. Keep in mind this original design has been around and used in the racing world successfully since the 80s. Anything below 350 rear wheel can get by with a standard clutch with big springs, you just have to put up with the additional lever pressure. The multistage actually has softer primary springs, a little deceiving at first. A great clutch all around.

I’m curious to hear why you feel like a boost clutch is less streetable then a lock up clutch.

What makes you think they don’t work on the dyno? There’s an NLR clutch being used in all of these videos. If that were the case, it would be most notable on the sand rail, turning a reverse gear box, and heavy 30” tall tires, with about 1800lbs of load on the load cell. Pretty sure we had stock clutch springs in it too.

We have had issues requiring the boost compensated setups be "pre loaded" with external pressure to keep them from initially slipping when grabbing a lot of throttle at low rpms. The multistage lockups never had this issue, the big hp bikes make everything worse, as you know.

Planning next upgrade after a incident with the back torque limiter . One part is $214 from APE , and the other is $399 . I think the clutch hub is lighter as it is all aluminum.
Who has done this , and might have the stock hub to weigh ? Thanks ;)
Im sure I must have missed it somewhere but what incident did you have?

a
boost compensated clutch requires an air source to function optimally... REQUIRES...…… co2 or a line from the plenum to apply pressure...… anyone ever hear of "air shifter problems"...… rofl.... NAAAAAH.... that never happens.

Back