Clutch Hub replacement or clutch mod ?

Welding is only $35 plus shipping and there is also that locking ring and springs for $79. I’ve been looking at this for the last 2 weeks. The Brock’s part looks amazing, but I find it to be a lot of money for that part.

I debated this for long time I cheeped out and bought the ring.
What is the Ring? The 214 ape part is same as Brocks. I like Jay better than Brock.
Here is a photo of the two parts. Middle, and lower of page.

Screenshot_20190603-084028.png

Spoke to Pat @ APE hub is lighter as no bolts used. Hub is a wearable item for those that didn't know. How much lighter is not known.
APE hub has oiling holes. Not all makes hubs have oil holes. I'm not sure if a gen 2 hub has oil holes, and neither did Pat.
Bite the bullet and get the hub!
Yeah, it's 399, but it's the real deal, no screwin' around with half ass measures there.
Personally, I'd get the hub, but I'd have to save for months for it lmao!

how about replacing everything with a mtc gen2? its pricey but ure spending money on the bird now anyway.... and once its done... its done.... it an unbelievable clutch//// mine works just like a traditional clutch when I want it to.... its one of the most amazing mods on this bike.
Multistage Clutch????

I hung up my drag racing days. It's for weight loss. Also to dump the back torque limiter.
I have friends with that modification made in their busas and let me tell you it's worth it. With that mod the Engine awakes in an incredible way:super:

Reactions: c10
Back