Need some help with Brocks Clutch Mod

Busacure

Registered
So I am at the point where i have to remove the clutch hub washer and bolt from the input shaft. I think i am needing a tool to keep the hub from free spinning. Also, there is a punched spot on the nut that keeps it stationary on the input shaft, does that have to be dremmeled down/away. What am i missing here to get this done? This is an 09 busa.

probably is an indent on the nut. I use an impact to beat the spin.

I have a tool, but it is so thin, it bent and I can never get it to line up with teh notches to slid in the hub.

i have a tool made from an old drive plate.

i wired the basket in, slid tool on, put a bar into the pivot bolt to hold tool, then used a breaker bar. i dont like using impacts on anything.

Thanks for the quick replies. I was iffy about the impact gun, but ended up going that route for the removal, used an electric one. Torqued it back on using a torque wrench with my foot on the back brake FIRMLY and the bike in 1st. I noticed that the mod moves the clutch engagement closer to the full disengage position of the lever. Cant wait to see what it changes in the ride. Hopefully tightens up the driveline and makes that clunk disappear. Will see after work tomorrow. Thanks again fellas.

Please share your observations with us. I am looking to do a clutch mod for drag racing 2-3 times a year. I am wondering how it affects launches. some claim a noticable difference. please share your thoughts. thanks.

I dont drag race but i can say that the mod has cured the btl clunk. No more "disconnected" feel that it had before. Feels like a normal clutch now. Clutch takes a little more, just a little more...clutch lever pressure, running stock springs with the Mods included spacers. I dont need Suzuki to modulate my clutch for me on downshifts. Almost had the dealership do the install, but they said they couldnt cause its a safety device....glad i did it myself. The clunk is gone...phew :thumbsup:

I have 3 Welded ones for sale $65 shipped if anybody else needs one. Also you can tell the difference when it comes to drag racing:thumbsup:

I noticed that the directions included with the Brocks Clutch Mod didnt mention restaking the input shaft nut. Was that something i was supposed to do, or is it not necessary if properly torqued?

Alright, ill re stake it then. I think i need a new gasket too...and another input shaft nut. A few threads on it got chewed up from the impact gun. I hope that part isn't hard to get. Thanks again :beerchug:

Back