Clutch Mod

NavyBusa

Registered
Just wondering if any of you have welded up your own clutch hub like the one Brock sells. I have access to quality welders, but I'm wondering if their is any special alignment or welding procedures require. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Don't know about welding the stocker but I would still get the BROCK piece!

The stock stuff feals like 5 lbs. compared to the BROCK one.

Also, I would be worried about it being welded straight, balanced, etc. if you didn't get it just right you could get some "vibration!"

Welded Clutch?

WTF?
rock.gif

It's the same as doing this(see link):

Link no longer works

The clutch hub is two pieces and was improved a little in 03 but still sucks. If you plan to race or do any hard launches I would highly recommend it.

I would get it for sure not just for racing.

If you do a lot of wheelies, it can give you a hickup in powering it up!

Feals like something is backing OFF when you're on the Power!

Or if you spin the tire at low speeds it can give you a bucking feeling when it fights for traction on and off with traction/power being applied!

The main reason is to keep from damaging something.

It's the same as doing this(see link):

Link no longer works

The clutch hub is two pieces and was improved a little in 03 but still sucks.  If you plan to race or do any hard launches I would highly recommend it.
Linkey no workey

Got this:

Unexpected Result
An unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for the inconvenience.

StoreSense Unhandled Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Language preferences cannot be instantiated with null Locales.

I would get it for sure not just for racing.

If you do a lot of wheelies, it can give you a hickup in powering it up!

Feals like something is backing OFF when you're on the Power!

Or if you spin the tire at low speeds it can give you a bucking feeling when it fights for traction on and off with traction/power being applied!

The main reason is to keep from damaging something.
Done both of these, never experienced symptoms like this.

First I'm hearing of it.

Thanks for the info. I found a guy here in Hawaii that had a spare one and I'm going to have it welded up. I work at a Naval shipyard and have access to nuclear welders, so the quality should be good. I'll chuck it up in a lathe after its welded and do a run out check to ensure it is straight. If its not, I'll spend the money and buy Brock's.

Back