Busa alarm w/ remote start??

bigdaddy619

Registered
Hey everyone just wondering if anyone has installed the alarm with remote start on their busa?? was looking to do this but wondered if it was really worth it .. or if anyone has had any issues after installation?

any feedback is much appreciated
thanks

Bigdaddy -
There are several threads about alarms here - some people are fans of remote start, some are not.  One of the big concerns is that some of the lower end alarms don't have interlocks on the start, so if you hit remote start while in gear...

BTW, welcome!

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: "5400"|1155918762 -->

Bigdaddy -
There are several threads about alarms here - some people are fans of remote start, some are not.  One of the big concerns is that some of the lower end alarms don't have interlocks on the start, so if you hit remote start while in gear...

BTW, welcome!
That would suck out loud watching your Busa crank itself right off the side stand and into the buick parked next to it! Never seen a remote start on a bike before but I would imagine it is possible.

The LM508 paging alarm on my Busa has the remote start option which is probably a carry over from the car version. In reality it works nice to turn on/off an accessory like neon accent lights by remote.

It's not like I need to run the A/C to cool down the Busas interior on a hot day or warm it up on a sub zero morning.
To wire it up you'll need to find a way to by-pass the clutch safety but not the kickstand safety and yet allow it to start in neutral but NOT in gear. And we all know what happens to Busas left sitting on a slight downward hill in neutral.

My LM508 paging alarm

Back