Clearwater or PIAA Lights?

goblinsix

Registered
I am going to have Greg from HPC install a set of lights for my 09 Busa. I want to be able to run the lights on the back twisties during the day to make me more noticeable and also use them at night to light up the road. Being about to adjust the intensity is a plus (I think).

I had the PIAA 1100X's on my Corvette at they were bright. So which set would be the one to really have? I do not want HID in my headlights around DC because the cops will ticket you.

So...I am down to Clearwater or PIAA....choices choices.

Regards,
John

What's up John? I'm thinking about getting a set also for Greg to install. I just don't know when. I've had PIAA when I had my Acura Integra and they are really bright but have not seen a picture of Clearwater at night. Let's see what they recommend.

My set up.

PIAA

Low Beam
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

PIAA and low beams

PIAAs low and high

cheers
ken

Ken, those are some bad-a$$ lights, I have been drooling over them for months now. What is the current draw on them btw? Wonding if the stock charging system would be ok running both high/low 55 watt HID's, heated liner and gloves, plus the two PIAA HID's

I have had bad luck with the PIAA's.
I have them in my auto and they are fine, but for some reason (vibration, voltage whatever) they burn out quickly on my Busa.
Can't figure it out.
Anyone else have this?

Ken, those are some bad-a$$ lights, I have been drooling over them for months now. What is the current draw on them btw? Wonding if the stock charging system would be ok running both high/low 55 watt HID's, heated liner and gloves, plus the two PIAA HID's

25 watts per lamp. I have no problem running gloves, jacket liner and aux lights at higher RPMs.

cheers
ken

I have had bad luck with the PIAA's.
I have them in my auto and they are fine, but for some reason (vibration, voltage whatever) they burn out quickly on my Busa.
Can't figure it out.
Anyone else have this?

PIAA halogens or PIAA HIDs? I've have several brands of the higher output halogen bulbs, including PIAA, burn out in my Busa, but have had zero problems with PIAA HID lamps.

I've gone back to using the stock halogens highbeams for their longevity.

cheers
ken

I was going to buy some for my FJR and PMed Pashnit about them. He told me the Clearwater LEDs are not bright enough to use for additional road lighting. They are only intended for extra visibility from others coming at you. For the cost of them I would expect much more than that.

I got to get a set of the clearwater, He said I could have them for half price since I brought my O8 Busa over to fit them for new application , wonder if he will still make good on his word? the pic on his web page is my busa

I think Warchilds setup is the best I"ve ever seen up in Washington state...He uses the Xenon setup I believe...he says they are so bright that they will absolutely cause a wreck if you don't dim for oncoming...but they are 600+ bucks on a good day...If you ride rural stuff at night you need the wild critter spotters...you can do a search on his setup but I'll be darn if I can remember exactly what to key in on...2hip

Back