Hayabusa Clearwater LED driving lights from Pashnit (installed w/ pics)

denon970

Registered
With "warm" 45 degree weather here in upstate NY today, it was a good day to start one of my winter projects. Last week, I ordered a set of Clearwater LED driving lights, in copper from Pashnit (thanks again Tim).

Everything is top quality...I noticed that as I was unpacking the kit...you get what you pay for. The first thing I did was mount the lights on the front calipers. Everything lined up perfectly, so no problems here. I then removed all of the front plastics.

The wiring was the longest step (probably an hour + taking my time), but the diagrams were easy to follow, everything is color coded, and it all worked on the first try.

I mounted the dimmer dial just to the right of the ignition key. The dial housing was 3 sided, so I boxed the bottom of it off with a U shaped piece of aluminum, and riveted that piece in place. A piece of "super sticky" 3M double sided tape keeps the whole unit in place on the triple tree.

The kit came with an optional relay that bypases the dimmer dial, so when the high beams are turned on, full power is sent to the lights. I'd reccomend installing this because the lights are noticeably brighter when the dimmer is bypassed compared to when the dimmer is at 100%.

I have not yet put the factory headlights back on, but I'm anxious to see what these do in combination with a 55W high and low HID set. I may have to disconnect something if airplanes start following me around. But these LEDs are definetely brighter than I expected...brighter than the headlights on most cars. I could easily get by using only these at night. Its great having the lights turn with the handlebars! I'll post up when I get the rest of it put back together.

clearwater LEDs 001.jpg

clearwater LEDs 007.jpg

clearwater LEDs 010.jpg

clearwater LEDs 013.jpg

clearwater LEDs 015.jpg

clearwater LEDs 017.jpg

clearwater LEDs 018.jpg

clearwater LEDs 022.jpg

clearwater LEDs 023.jpg

clearwater LEDs 026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, pretty bright. i could set you up with a 55w retro to go with em.

Wow, $399? Let me know if you feel they are worth it once you have had time to ride some milage in the dark. I just can't see how they're going to do more than my HID's. Maybe I'm wrong....but for $399, I would hope they would be some magical.

Please let us know. :beerchug:

Those are indeed bright.But i dont see its worth the money compared to your HIDs for your low and high beams

I agree that HID are the best value, those things made a HUGE difference and should be one of the first mods you do.

But I'm one of those guys who usually overkills everything....about 10 years ago, I had a 1988 Mustang GT and upgraded the 55W factory driving lights to 100W...those things turned night into day! Just what I do, I guess.

Also, the LED's change the appearance of what the oncoming cars see, like a triangle of light, if you know what I mean...

Give me a few weeks (or maybe tomorrow if it stays nice) and I'll post up how they work on a night ride. :beerchug:

wow, pretty bright. i could set you up with a 55w retro to go with em.

thanks Ogre, but I've already got a set. But I should have purchased them from you, because the customer service where I did buy them (not a sponsor here) was a joke...I usually have good luck on ebay, but once in a while I get somebody who just dosent care.

I've got Hid(s) and matching switchbacks in my blinkers. I'd have 5 lights
comming at the cagers...they'd think I was a UFO...:laugh:

WoW. That is outstanding:thumbsup: However, At $500 dollars, thats Highway robbery. I dont have a lot of respect for people that over price thier products. I can see paying $150-$200, thats what I would call reasonable and considerate buisness. I know some people might not like it, but its the truth. Thats whats wrong with this country now, (AIG) everyone wants to rip you off :banghead: For $500 dollars, I can buy a 37in Flat screen LCD TV, or a cool Laptop and its a bunch more technology that goes into making those products you get the Idea. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for making the dollar, but "C'MON MAN" that price is ridiculous:soapbox: I think the same can be said for most two wheel products. So like I do with everything else, I'll shop till I find the better bang for my buck or do without. It's not that serious. $500 for some lights; are you kidding me!:stirpot: And that dosent even include installation.:rofl:

Last edited:
nice :thumbsup:

people are gonna hate you. I know I get flashed about 2-3 times a week with my HID. Im sure they have save me more than once so Im ok with people hating me :laugh:

i'll stop down or see you this spring and check em out...nice to be able to see when driving at night...to bad you didnt have them on when we were driving back from PA last year...:thumbsup:

I knew these weren't going to be for everybody, but I think I'll like them. If I thought I got riped off, I never would have posted up.

yea, price was a big reason on my wait to purchase these. A few weeks ago, Pashnit started a thread about an end-of-the-year clearance sale. I pm'ed, and found out that I could get a price break on these lights during the sale. Not gonna mention what I paid, but it was nowhere near $500.

After seeing the build quality, playing with them in the driveway for 15 minutes, and realizing I'm an early adopter who will a high price to get stuff first...I'm happy.

Any money I put into the Busa, I look at it as an investment...I spend so much time on that thing, I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of it. It's no different than somebody putting $1000-$3000 upgrading a Hayabusa engine which has all the power it will ever need the minute it rolls of the assembly line...just Man's quest for "more power".

Stay tuned, as soon as this cold weather disappears, I'll take it out for a night ride.

Last edited:
Aside from being great touring lights, that is one awesome '99 you have sir. She's a keeper. :bowdown:

Extremely clean :thumbsup:

How much is your safety and happiness worth .
Two things :
If they flash their lights at you it's good cuz that means THEY SEE YOU.
Second if you are happy then who cares how much they cost .
Granted the price seems high but without holding them in my hand I cannot tell the quality and value of the product.
50 bucks from eBay may get you six months but I don't see ANY JUNK on Pashnit so I think those things will prolly last yrs.
If they last one yr it cost you about a buck a day.
Fair price for your safety. Enjoy

Talk about ridiculous prices try to buy a good shape H&K rifle these days !

just wait until 2hip gets his light back, you can see what overkill looks like. those are pretty bad ass tho. it's amazing how far led lighting tech has gone in a short time.

Lookin good, Im gonna have to head east when the weather turns and se them in person. Do you think they provide enough light to be used as the only lights?

Back