Hayabusa Clearwater LED driving lights from Pashnit (installed w/ pics)

So it got up into the 50's here today, so I left work a little early, rushed home, and threw on just enough plastic to make the Busa legal. I took a few pics before it got dark to show what the Clearwater LED's looked like in daylight. Keep in mind I replaced the factory headlights with a 55W HID kit (6000K low / 4300K high). The Clearwaters color are almost a perfect match. Once it got dark (and cold), I was able to get a few videos (sorry about the windnoise). Originally, I planned on getting some shots of just the LED's, but it I forgot...maybe once it gets warmer. So the videos are of all 4 lights on, with the occasional dimming of the highs for oncoming traffic. Don't know if it shows, but the combination is UNBELIEVABLY BRIGHT. So far, I'm loving the Clearwaters, for the added light, but mostly for the appearance it gives oncoming traffic. If I had to do it over again, I definetely would purchase them.

I'd reccomend that you make the upgrade to HID high and lows first, and then if you wanted to go the extra step, get the Clearwaters. I'm sure the price will eventually drop.

Just my :2cents:, hoping this post will help somebody wondering about driving lights (and HIDs) for their motorcycle...

Backyard:

Leaving Apartment:

Streets of Elmira:

Slow Takeoff:

Return:

My Mustang's headlights are a joke!

lights 013.jpg

lights 018.jpg

lights 029.jpg

lights 031.jpg

lights 037.jpg

lights 039.jpg

lights 041.jpg

lights 046.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome, bro. Your bike looks like a UFO. Man, those lights are bright.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

They look like they perform pretty well. I am glad to hear that you had a great experience with a board sponsor! :thumbsup:

Thinking about doing the front running light mod this weekend.

First, I should probably check the current draw of those HIDs and LEDs...they're on a 20A fuse. Does anybody have any guesses? The website where I bought them said 6A, but that seems low.

I've got the HIDs controlled by a DEI 528T delay inline with the factory lighting wires, and a 12 gauge power wire coming directly from the battery powers them. The "on" signal is sent from the DEI to a 2nd relay that lets the power flow to the lights directly from the battery...no toggle switches, everythings automatic.

I really want to achieve that UFO look.

Project1.jpg

When Tim endorses and sells a product, you can trust it will meet and usually exceed your expectations. He is a true motorcyclist enthusiast and has used the product over many miles. :thumbsup: Now I just need to find the $$ for them. :thumbsup:

I was pretty impressed with the quality and effectiveness of these lights, properly aligned they are not offensive. They should be adjusted so the peak of the beam source is under the peak of the head light to work more like an effective fog light than an additional headlight source. Cool part is the light's beam will round the corner as your eyes do at slow speeds, since they move with the front wheel. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
When Tim endorses and sells a product, you can trust it will meet and usually exceed your expectations. He is a true motorcyclist enthusiast and has used the product over many miles. :thumbsup: Now I just need to find the $$ for them. :thumbsup:

+100

I was pretty impressed with the quality and effectiveness of these lights, properly aligned they are not offensive. They should be adjusted so the peak of the beam source is under the peak of the head light to work more like an effective fog light than an additional headlight source. Cool part is the light's beam will round the corner as your eyes do at slow speeds, since they move with the front wheel. :thumbsup:

GPW-loved your "white & bling" gen II. I like the way they mount better than the gen I system because you don't attach to the brake caliper bolt.

I aligned mine perfectly level like the instructions said, but I may slightly angle them down.

And as you mentioned, the turning lights really grab your attention at slow speeds...great for going around corners. Reminds me of that Tucker car.

Today, I converted the turnsignals to running lights/turn signals with instructions I found here by Narcissus. Took about 2 hours, including a trip to radioshack. The next thing I want to do is put red LEDs up in the ram air tubes...switched, so I dont get pulled over for having forward facing red. I'm not sure, but I'm hoping that because these are high efficiency LEDs and HIDs, they use about the same current as the factory incandecent lights. I'll post up the first time I get stranded with a dead battery.

The flash rate is a little fast because I had to use 8-ohm resistors...could not find the specified 6.8-ohm.

running lights 003a.jpg

running lights 004.jpg

running lights 035.jpg

running lights 010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back