Clearwater Lights installed (pics)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I had an appointment with Greg (HPC) today and got the Clearwater lights installed. Greg did another EXCELLENT job installing it. I was watching him the whole time and it's just amazing how he did it. Another job well done, Greg.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Thanks again for everything. As usual, he cleaned the bike (it's not even dirty:laugh:)before I left the shop.

As you all know, I ride in the dark a lot that's why I decided to get these. I can't wait to test them.

More pics to follow. I just have to wait until it's dark outside.

4596728862_e4383710b7_b.jpg

4596735008_1f8b105f1d_b.jpg

4596732048_59ed147ae4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Those look really good going down the road. Not only do they provide a lot more visibility for you, but they make you a whole lot easier to be seen as well. :thumbsup:

Pretty sweet, aren't they? :thumbsup:
Yes, they are. On thing I noticed while riding, I can really tell that people can see me when I'm coming up alongside them (they waited until I pass them before moving into my lane) and when they're trying to make a left turn in front of me. I left it on the brightest setting the whole time because the sun's so bright today.
how long did it take to install?
It took him like 2 hours because my bike's lowered. He didn't have much room between the nose and the fender. Imagine trying to fit the tools in there.

Last edited:
Yes, they are. On thing I noticed while riding, I can really tell that people can see me when I'm coming up alongside them (they waited until I pass them before moving into my lane) and when they're trying to make a left turn in front of me. I left it on the brightest setting the whole time because the sun's so bright today. Amazing!!!

My bike got a lot more attention from cars with the Clearwaters as well. I did get high beams flashed at me from time to time, but that just means they saw me! That was the main reason I got them, and they really served their purpose.

My bike got a lot more attention from cars with the Clearwaters as well. I did get high beams flashed at me from time to time, but that just means they saw me! That was the main reason I got them, and they really served their purpose.

Greg told me about you. I think mine's the third one that he installed.

I can really tell that the bike gets a lot more attention from other vehicles. I rode for a little over an hour after the install and I can tell the difference already from how people reacted to it. Pretty amazing!!! I should have gotten these when they first came out.

Greg told me about you. I think mine's the third one that he installed.

I can really tell that the bike gets a lot more attention from other vehicles. I rode for a little over an hour after the install and I can tell the difference already from how people reacted to it. Pretty amazing!!! I should have gotten these when they first came out.

Yep, he did a great job on my installation too. Very neat and tidy. I'll definitely get them again on my next bike. Here's a pic from the Bash.

clearwaters.jpg

they look awesome - do they wiegh much? Can you feel much difference on the front end at all?

cheers

Not sure about the actual weight, but it's very little. They're pretty small and there's really not a whole lot to them. The good thing is they use LEDs so they'll pretty much last forever. Mine didn't make any difference in the handling at all.

They look pretty good I am thinking of making some for my bike, but are they mounted the same? One of the mounts looks like its upside down

4596728862_e4383710b7_b.jpg

Back