Cleaning Chain

tmf2004

Registered
I'd like to clean/lube the chain today since my bike stand is arriving today.. I have the "chain wax" lube but i don't have a product to clean the chain first.. I was told not to use WD-40 directly on the chain..

What product should i buy?

Thanks

WD-40 works fine . Who told you not to use it and what was their reasons ?
I've been using it for yrs with no problems .

The chain wax I use cleans as well, I just spray a whole lot and hold a few paper towels below the chain while spraying. All you really need is for the O rings to keep sealing properly and no build-up of anything on the chain itself.

I've always used kerosene for cleaning.
Just switched to Dupont Teflon Multi-Use Lubricant for chain lube.

WD 40 works great... I have over 14k miles on my chain with no issues. Lots of guys on here use WD 40 to clean and then the chain lube after.

Well i guess i just wasted 6 bucks on some Coleman Kerosene from Walmart LOL.. I have wd-40 but i'll use the kerosene for now.. Thanks guys..

I use kerosene for the major cleaning. A little wd40 between for touchup. On my 2nd chain at 60K miles. :thumbsup:

Well i guess i just wasted 6 bucks on some Coleman Kerosene from Walmart LOL.. I have wd-40 but i'll use the kerosene for now.. Thanks guys..

Make sure you got kerosene and not white gas for Coleman cook stoves and lanterns!!!

Wowzers Batman ! That's looks like it frigging hurt ! My fingers just tucked looking at those pics !
Post #15 says he's training to be a cop and he's glad he's left handed so he can still shoot pistol but I don't think be realizes he will have to pass 'weak hand' test as well ?
Durn that looks like it hurt ! Hope he picks his nose left handed too ! :)

Lots of cussing over there too .
Not mother-inlaw-safe !

New product we just added for this... :cheerleader:

Wheel Jockey | Clean & Lube motorcycle wheels easily | PashnitMoto.com

hero_rollers2_800.jpg

hero_rollers2_800.jpg

Back