Anybody use a 100% "no-fling" chain lube?

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
I'm bored with cleaning the fling or fly off from chain lube. Anybody that can attest to the fact that they have been using one I don't know about,that really works, I would be interested and thank full.
Not a wd vs kerosene cleaning thread or a mine is the better lube...start yer own thread if that interests you,its never been done before. :laugh:
Perhaps we could start a list,save each other some time and money.
Maxima chain wax flies off.
Motul chain lube Roar flies off.
80-90 weight gear oil flies off.
more I can't remem...
Rubb.

I'm using Scottoiler chain lubing system. For the cleaning only a cloth need... The chain is constantly oily.

The lubricants fly off because there is too much volume on the chain and short of super glue, inertia will make any excessive amount of liquid fly off, particularly the way you ride. Stop trying to beat physics. No brand name will help you accomplish that.

Use the thinnest film of lube, just enough to prevent flash rusting and close to practically dried using the rag. Convince me that you will ever have a mechanical problem with this approach.

I use Maxim chain wax-no fling and works great.

This is the 5th bike I've used it on and have yet to change a chain due to excessive wear.

This works pretty well. Haven't lubed the chain since I have had it and no fling either. Sorry, Lol just being a dik.

GS 06.jpg

I'm bored with cleaning the fling or fly off from chain lube. Anybody that can attest to the fact that they have been using one I don't know about,that really works, I would be interested and thank full.
Not a wd vs kerosene cleaning thread or a mine is the better lube...start yer own thread if that interests you,its never been done before. :laugh:
Perhaps we could start a list,save each other some time and money.
Maxima chain wax flies off.
Motul chain lube Roar flies off.
80-90 weight gear oil flies off.
more I can't remem...
Rubb.
Got a buddy that is obsessive when it comes to cleaning his bike, he uses the motel dirt bike lube which is a dry lube so if u get caught in the rain it's pretty much gone instantly. I can say his chain is in like new shape and as long as u give a little wipe to the excess it doesn't sling much if at all. He also doesn't ride as much as me but ive used it a few times getting ready for a ride sitting at his house and had no complaints. Might be one to look into if u haven't already tried it rubb.

Generally twice a season or if I notice a build up on the inside of the cover..(I use my fingers to check)-if I notice lots of grime and sludge-it gets a deep cleaning.

Of course I'm that guy who takes the deck off my lawn tractor every 3 weeks and clean it out then a light oiling
My busa has a little over 3300 miles. I have not done that yet. I guess I should check it out.

This works pretty well. Haven't lubed the chain since I have had it and no fling either. Sorry, Lol just being a dik.

View attachment 1624037
Love it fallen. I had a shaft drive ride that I put 150,000 on the clock.Sold it,prolly still going strong. Lots of people think that shaft drive on a bike is a fairly new thing. Not really,just slow to hit the mainstream US market.
You think of shaftdrive,most think of a ride like yers Bro,BMW. The Germans are amazing mechanical inventors but SD was not their baby. It was the Belgians. Everybody has made bikes from time to time around the globe.
We can thank the Belgians for a lot.
Waffles of course. My personal favorite thou...the birth control pill. :thumbsup:
Rubb.

Love it fallen. I had a shaft drive ride that I put 150,000 on the clock.Sold it,prolly still going strong. Lots of people think that shaft drive on a bike is a fairly new thing. Not really,just slow to hit the mainstream US market.
You think of shaftdrive,most think of a ride like yers Bro,BMW. The Germans are amazing mechanical inventors but SD was not their baby. It was the Belgians. Everybody has made bikes from time to time around the globe.
We can thank the Belgians for a lot.
Waffles of course. My personal favorite thou...the birth control pill. :thumbsup:
Rubb.
Its amazing how loud the chain is. I didn't notice it until I started going back and forth on the bikes. But with the mess and noise and maintenance I still prefer the chain performance wise. The chain just feels immediate, more directly connected to the throttle. The BMW is pretty refined (at least performance wise if not longevity) but there still feels like a long link between asking for power and getting it IMHO. So just look at all that muck and realize it's necessary if you want the best option for a final drive.

Its amazing how loud the chain is. I didn't notice it until I started going back and forth on the bikes. But with the mess and noise and maintenance I still prefer the chain performance wise. The chain just feels immediate, more directly connected to the throttle. The BMW is pretty refined (at least performance wise if not longevity) but there still feels like a long link between asking for power and getting it IMHO. So just look at all that muck and realize it's necessary if you want the best option for a final drive.

My brother tells me BMW recommends final drive maintenance at 70,000kms...one of his buddy's who has ridden BMW for something like 50 yrs ignored that recommendation and didn't take it in, the final drive on his GS failed when he was riding in the US...it cost him a pretty penny to fix it...same thing happened on that TV show "Around the world" with the actor, both final drives failed on those GS bike.

My brother was saying you could rebuild the older final drives but the new ones are a sealed unit.

BMW got smart and made bikes that couldn't last a million miles anymore like the old R series bikes used to.

The chain is a necessary evil in the sportbike world. IMO it will be for years to come. A shaft I believe could be made to handle extreme HP like a turbo Busa but it has drawbacks. The effect of a rotating shaft turned 90 degrees just feels odd.A chain drive bikes suspension crushes underload,while shaftdrive riders report the opposite. When you see shaftdrive employed in MotoGp or at the strip,I'll jump onboard. :thumbsup:
For hassle free maintenance,you can't beat it. I'm sure there are SD bikes out there with a ton of clicks on them still running the 80 or 90 weight the rolled outa the factory with.Maybe Yamaha was on to something,I use them as an' example I know. The Euro version Virago had an' enclosed chain final drive.(many other manufactures dabbled in the idea as well. Maybe they were on to something. A chain with all its benefits encased in a quart of oil. Then...there's that one "other thing"...
SD is fugly. :laugh: Sorry Bro.
Rubb.

The VMax is shaft driven and makes similar hp to a stock Hayabusa..

I recall the days when the original VMax came out as well as the Kawasaki Eliminator, everyone raised their brows at the fact they were both shaft driven-it made zero sense for them to be.

Back