Chocks for a trailer

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I am picking up a 8x16 enclosed trailer Saturday and need to know what kind of chocks you guys recommend for it. I will be carrying anywhere from 1 to maybe 4 bikes at a time. I have never used any kind of chocks before, just tie downs. Do I still need front and rear tie downs with flush mount D-Rings if I use chocks. This is new to me so I need help, ideas and maybe Vendors and pricing...

Thanks,

David

If you are using the little front wheel chocks then yes you will need flush mounts front and rear. If you go with something like a baxley chock then you wouldn't need them but I would still use them. Either way I would put them in the floor. Better be safe to have and never need then to need and not have.

I would recommend the Baxley Sport chock and the D rings
wink.gif

This is mounted to my maintenance stand but is made for a trailer as well. Not as bulky as Baxley and made strickly for this kind of use. Works well.
smile.gif

Chock_001.jpg

If you are using the little front wheel chocks then yes you will need flush mounts front and rear.  If you go with something like a baxley chock then you wouldn't need them but I would still use them.  Either way I would put them in the floor.  Better be safe to have and never need then to need and not have.
Do you carry them...If so how much...

Thanks,
David

I like my Condors. These are quick release, only a small bracket bolts to the deck. I run two straps, one to each rear footpeg mount, pulling the bike forward into the chock. Nothing on the bars.

Condor_Chocks.jpg

Sport chocks are the way to go. You only have to strap down the rearend and they are rock solid.

HPIM0727__Small_.JPG

Not trying to crash your thread GW but I'm looking for a used Baxley, anybody?
rock.gif

PM me!
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|justintime2
Reason for Edit: "can't spell"|1137778032 -->

Back