Baxley chock question

Mojo

-------------
Donating Member
Registered
I have a Baxley sport chock on the way. My question is: do I have to hard mount the chock on my trailer or just set it on and strap the bike down??

As long as you strap down, the chock is going nowhere. However, I use mine on a mesh bottom trailer and use the bolt holes to bolt to my trailer for overkill.

Hey Mojo!

fwiw - I've used my sport chock on a trailer (in snow and ice) pushed up to the front of the trailer to help steady a GL1800 Goldwing (feb 2010) and pick up pushed up against truck bed to haul a busa to Eureka Springs where we met recently.

Depending on your set up - you will probably be able to cynch it down vs bolt.

I love my Baxley! While I don't have a trailer, I have a pick-up truck and have found no need to hard mount it. I just take the Baxley chock and push it all the way forward against the front of the cab...strap the bike down off the pegs and she is good to go! :agree:

Mojo, if you can slide the chock up against the front rail it should be ok if you strap the bike from the rear with the straps pulling to the front, out and down. If you recall the setup in my trailer, I have plates flush fit to the floor, and can remove the chock in a matter of one min. I myself feel much better with the chock bolted to the floor. Baxley has the plates available, but they are expensive. I made mine .:thumbsup:

tlr3.jpg

post-6-50136-CIMG2991__Small_tlr2.jpg

tlr19.jpg

Last edited:
Mojo, if you can slide the chock up against the front rail it should be ok if you strap the bike from the rear with the straps pulling to the front, out and down. If you recall the setup in my trailer, I have plates flush fit to the floor, and can remove the chock in a matter of one min. I myself feel much better with the chock bolted to the floor. Baxley has the plates available, but they are a expensive. I made mine .:thumbsup:

Can you take a couple of pics of the plates you made and post them?

Thanks!!!

Thanks Hal:thumbsup: I just looked up what you were talking about on their website. I think I'll make my own also. Sure not going to give them $30.00 for that!! Looks like about 1 or 2 dollars in material.

Bigdog5, here's what he's talking about.
Baxley Trailer Company

Last edited:
Can you take a couple of pics of the plates you made and post them?

Thanks!!!

Sure thing bigdog. I went to the metal supply shop and got 2"X1/4" plate. Cut to 3" long. Drill 2 holes 3/8" and countersink to mount to floor, and a hole in the center taped out to 3/8". I use the same plate to mount my stands.:thumbsup:

tlr6.jpg

I marked the plates and used a router so they were flush with the floor. omslaw did the same thing, but instead od making three seperate plates, he used a 2" wide strip the width of the chock instead of three seperate pieces. That omar is one smart dude.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks! I've been looking at the Baxley chocks for my trailer and was wondering about mounting them.

Thanks Hal:thumbsup: I just looked up what you were talking about on their website. I think I'll make my own also. Sure not going to give them $30.00 for that!! Looks like about 1 or 2 dollars in material.

Bigdog5, here's what he's talking about.
Baxley Trailer Company

Thats what I thought too Mojo. For $30 I could make a bunch of those.

Thanks! I've been looking at the Baxley chocks for my trailer and was wondering about mounting them.

I love the Baxleys. When doing track days, I take them out of the trailer so I can pull right into them whem exiting the track since I take my kickstand off.

4 busas headed for bash in trailer.jpg

100_0577 (Medium).jpg

Back