Baxley Sport Chock question...

Elsboss

Registered
Anyone using the Baxley Sport Chock doing a tie down as they show on their paperwork? They show nothing on the front or the bars. Just the chock against the truck bed front wall, wheel in the chock locked down, and then cinched from the rear of the bike going to eyelets in the front corners of the p/u bed.

I was going to do the whole enchilada but have been considering doing it their way. Would like to hear if anyones's done the same.

Elliot

I have the Baxley Sport Chock....it works really well. I use a Canyon Dancer tie down on the bars just to be safe.

ive been using one for years. cannyon dancers too. tighten fronts just to compression point only. actually front not needed but added safety. cut some pvc tubing two inches longer than bar ends and slide over grips. use cannyon dancer on them. keeps from bending handlebars.
also once my straps came loose. I didnt know but all the way home the chock held it up.

jd

hmm i use a condor wheel choke and then take the tiedown bar i have and tighten the straps a bit and it's all good to go

got a pic of the baxley and the cost once?

Thanks for the replies guys. I took the advise of this board and got both the Canyon Dancer and the Baxley. The Sport Chock is cooler than $hit. I use it daily in the garage and can see it's going to be the answer for the truck. Great suggestions.

Elliot

is that the deal where you just put the front wheel in the thing and it sorts flips up and locks in place.. holds the bike up with basically nothing..

then you just roll it back out and your ready to go?

'bout $250 or so?

if it is.. I gotta get one of those.. looked at one the other day and looked at who made it but forgot.

yep.. thats it.. Amazing timing on this topic...

I googled it and thats what I been trying to remember for about an hour now..

thanks!

I have two of them in my trailer and love them. I trailered my Busa to CA from GA and back again last year. My bike was tied down the way they say to and it worked great. I just attached the straps to the rear pegs at about a 45deg angle to the front. It is very stable and doesn't move at all.

ahh yeah i c i was thinking about one of them i ended up doing a condor though just in case i ever got a diffrent bike the condor is adjustable where that one is not
Motorcycle Wheel Chocks, Towing, Accessories - Made in USA - Condor

I got the black one and use it in my pickup and for a stand around my garage cost me 169 bucks from a diffrent sight and i made a plate to put on the bottome the other one is designed for that purpose but at the 235 i knew the other one would work just needed alittle help

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinkin' about upgrading my trailer with a couple of those Condor Lifts. The price did just jump from $150 to $200, so if there are other places to get them cheaper help a brotha out!

Mackie-enterprise

Thats where i usually get my trailer supplies from they sell e-track and condor porducts as well slightly cheaper then off the condor sight also and they have wheel chokes straps and all that kinda stuff i acrtually have my condor setup to work on etrack works real nice that way

<!--EDIT|MidnightBusainSD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115350992 -->

I bought my Sport Chock last month for $210 in a group buy. Really easy to transport my trackbike, and I use it when parking my Busa in the garage.

My only complaint? I should have bought two of them!

Back