Wheel Chock question

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so turns out I have an actual Harbor Freight store near me :cheerleader::cheerleader: I was in there looking at stuff last week and I saw they had wheel chocks-Baxley-like, on sale for like 49 bucks!

Sooo, I gotta ask, anybody know anything about that??? same shid? go ahead and get 'em OR ( and I know theres many purists) is Baxley the only one people prefer...I looked at the boxes cuasally and didnt see Baxley written on them:whistle:

Discuss amongst yourselves for my enjoyment please..:laugh:

I have 2 of their bolt down chocks in my trailer & the free standing one you are describing. They all work great. Used the free standing in a friends truck Monday to transport his bike to the track, removed it & he used it at the track as well.

I have one of those from Harbor freight in my trailer. I use it to haul our Honda Rebel and other cruisers with narrow front tires. Others have hauled their busas in them with no problem. I have three other Baxleys that I use for the busas, and I love them, but at $225 each they are a big investment, but worth it to me.

post-6-50078-CIMG2987__Small_.jpg

Fake Dan and I are looking to convert his trailer to carry 3 bikes (Enclosed) so we were talking about picking some up and lo-and behold theyre on sale:cheerleader: soo, me thinks hes now going to go grab 3 of them tonight so we can get to work on the trailer very soon.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice peeps!:thumbsup::bowdown:

One difference is that the Baxley has a cam type mechanism that squeezes the tire as into goes into the craddle. So far, I have not seen anything that compares to the Baxley. But you get what you pay for...

Baxley.gif

DSC03800.jpg

DSC08170.jpg

DSC08188.jpg

I have Condors because that is what the dude that built my trailer out for me recommended. I like how they are easily adjustable to wheel size and how easy they are to re-position and how easy they are to remove from the trailer.

The Baxley held the bikes securely when I had my little accident (rear ended another truck). I had the Busa in one and the Gixxer 1k in the other, both bikes were still standing, the pin that holds the upright in position was a little bent. The only thing that got scratched was the rear hump on the busa was found in the front of the trailer...

Ride your frickin' bike, leave the trailer at home, save the cash and buy me something nice for the suggestion!:poke:

I have one of those from Harbor freight in my trailer. I use it to haul our Honda Rebel and other cruisers with narrow front tires. Others have hauled their busas in them with no problem. I have three other Baxleys that I use for the busas, and I love them, but at $225 each they are a big investment, but worth it to me.

:wow: I so want a trailer like that! What do you have pullin' that thing??

I've got two of the 'on sale' HF $29.95 motorcycle wheel chocks mounted in my trailer. Currently use them for the 'busa and a GSX-R K with no problems, actually saved my azz on the 'busa. Long story short, the weight of the 'busa bouncing against the straps combined with the bounce of trailer suspension while traveling (torsion spring suspension) let the staps work completely loose (after about 150 miles). The chock didn't hold the bike straight up but kept it from going completely over on it's side. Was only hauling the one bike at that time and if I would have had another one in the stall, they would have been gettin' a little more than friendly. Learned to take the leftover end of the strap and half hitch it below the ratchet to keep the strap from sliding through the spindle of the ratchet. Chocks have easily more than paid for themselves on that one trip.

I also own a C Model 1800 Honda VTX and have found that I will need to modify the opening of the chock to maintain what I would think to be a proper distance between the side bar of the HF chock and the brake disc. I haven't tried to utilize this feature for the VTX yet, but plan to after the Eureka Springs MnG. You probably already know this Angel, but you may want to also consider some form of tie down or type of side bracing for the back tire/wheel to keep it from sliding around in transit. The back side of both the 'busa and the 'k' bikes have a tendency to sa-shay around more than I'm comfortable with, at least in my trailer.

Here's a few pic's....

chocks adj.JPG

chocks left.JPG

chocks right.JPG

Hope this helps! :beerchug:

chocks adj.JPG

chocks left.JPG

chocks right.JPG

Back