Strap Down

billyerds01

Registered
I'm mounting d-rings in my enclosed trailer.

Im using a strap from my rear foot pegs, to the trailer floor with the proper tie downs. One on each side. I have a good chock.

Can someone please tell me the proper distance from the rear foot peg to the D-ring. I want place the d-ring in the right spot to hold the bike securely.

Thank you.

I actually have mine a off to the side when I run mine. Most of the time. I run the to the front d-rings that are kind almost leveled to the middle of the bike and it puts a slight forward tug to plant it in my HF front tire chock. I am pulled over some really rough roads slowly and it has never failed me.

You can see the rear D-rings at the bottom left and right and there are some right before the door left and right side up front

100_1943.jpg

Im NO expert, but I would think 18in. should be good. Thats just my opinion. You may wanna out the bike in and mock it up, see what looks like the correct angle. You can check the Hauler section and look and the pics to see what others have done

To be on the safe side, I would have an extra set of hands to help you out when you are trying to get the d rings in the right spot. Good luck with getting the work done.

Thanks.
I mounted the rings even with the center of the bike and to the edge.

Can anyone tell me if they haul their bike on a (redline) swingarm wide tire rear stand?

It seems to me that it may be a little more stable although if it bounces around the swingarm might get chewed up by the built in washers on the stand.

Not sure to haul on rear swingarm stand or off. Think I may post a new thread with a new topic.

Back