New trailer in the drive way

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
So I got the new trailer a couple weeks ago and have been to every trailer supply site on the internet looking for what to buy as far as floor tie downs. I know about the Baxley chocks and will have a pair of the when to bank account will allow. I want to set the trailer up to haul 4 bikes and want to buy flush mount 360 degree tie downs that look good. Looking for suggestions I need to buy maybe 16 of them.

Do a search for etrak or etrack. I see lots of local guys posting about that stuff on the local forum...

Hmmm, I have the tie downs and use the E-Track. When/if you do your E-track make sure you dont put it SO high that your straps go UPWARDS to hook onto it. Seen that done many times. I bought my floor flush mounts from a local trailer supply and also you can get them from any U-haul center for about $9.00 - $15.00 each. The trailer company installed mine for free since I bought them from them but it's really easy to do. The sport chocks are nice, but you might look at making a flush mounted front wheel chock yourself. Something that folds upwards and locks into place. Seen many done that way as well. (router used to remove some of the wood material (1/4") to allow the alum plate to be flush when down on the floor.

JD

The Etrack system does look very functional but I hate the way it looks. Got to find something that looks good and works.

Here are some... <span style='color:red'>Tie Downs 1</span> and here <span style='color:red'>Tie Downs 2</span> and here <span style='color:red'>Tie Downs 3</span>  
smile.gif

WarBaby thanks for those links. BulletTrain sent me the one for TPFL and they have what I want.llink Thats the one I want but looks like 25 bucks a piece X 16. OUCH. I could cut this to 9 if I hook two straps to the ones at the rear of the front bike. If you were going to strap down two bikes in a trailer would you hook two straps to the center tie downs?

The tie downs you selected look super strong so I think it will be a matter of how thick/strong the floor boards are. Since I know that you will install them properly, I'll bet you will be just fine connecting 2 to 1 (maybe with some kind of flat washers [crescent washers?] under the nuts on the bottom to distribute the bolt-pulling loads better).  
smile.gif
Know what I mean?

Yep WarBaby I know what you mean the floor is 3/4 thick and they make a square backing plate that goes under the floor that those tie down bolt to.I'm going to order some and get it set up. You gota cut a 4 inch hole in the floor so it a measure twice cut once kinda deal. No room for error. I will get some pictures of it and get them on here.

That sounds plenty strong for 2-1.
beerchug.gif
I'm looking forward to seeing it.  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139832358 -->

Yes they are I stole it from a farm down in Arkansas ther was a bunch of them there. Think they will miss it?My plan is to use this thing as a storage shed when not doing motorcycle duty. I want to be able to haul 4 bikes. 14 foot might have done it. 16 would do OK. This one there will be no worries. I look at this like I did my garage when it was empty it looked huge and now it full and I wish it was bigger.Besides I got to haul brats to the Bash so maybe I got enough room?

Back