Cheapest front rotors? Should breaks be replaced at same time if already new?

Snakers

Registered
The front breaks on my busa started to squeak so thinking that it was the pads, I decided to replace the pads.

When I got the new pads on, it continued to squeek so it has got to be the rotors.

Where is the cheapest place to get a set of rotors and should I replace the brand new pads with new pads again at the same time or should it be ok even though the new pads have been used with a worn rotor?

You're worried that your rotors are squealing?

Firstly, check the width of your rotors with a vernier caliper. (They should be about 4.5mm thick. Dunno what that is in Imperial; you work it out.)

Secondly, did you scuff those new pads up a little before installing them? I just rub mine briefly on a smooth bit of concrete, which gives them a nice, rough edge to start off with.

Third, is there any glazing on your rotors, from the previous set of pads? If so, give them a very light sanding, just to roughen them up again.

Fourth, the word is "brake", not "break".

Ill try that out. Thanks for the suggestions on my BRAKES
I compared my busa rotor to my R1 rotor and the busa rotor seems very smooth against the touch vs the R1 rotor. Could this produce the squeak?

Last edited:
Snakers, the new PFR Series rotors are inexpensive and look pretty cool.

Suzuki Hayabusa Brake Rotors, Galfer, EBC, PFR Series, Moto-Master, RIS Designs, Chrome | Pashnit Moto

bremzen_rotor_busa2.jpg

bremzen_rotor_busa2.jpg

Those are really sweet. If i determine that these rotors cant be salvaged, ill definitely have to get those. Too awesome

I compared my busa rotor to my R1 rotor and the busa rotor seems very smooth against the touch vs the R1 rotor. Could this produce the squeak?
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's just the new pads bedding-in. - When I put Galfer pads on my rear brake they took ages to stop squealing.

Back